Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beautifuldoll

What Are You Willing To Do For The Ones You Love

My sister is getting married and wants me to be one of the bridesmaids. She rejected my idea to have the bridemaids in eskimo suits. She wants a knee lenght, plunging back dress, has agreed to have a covered front at least to hide my chest acne. I never ever wear skirts without tights and that is because I have ketartosis pilaris on my arms, legs and other places on my body but because I love her i told her yes, i am willing to stand on an alter in front of a crowd of people from a minimun of 30 minutes just for her. Luckily everyone focuses on the bride so I should be able to pull it off.

In case you're wondering what the hell keratosis pilaris is, here's a google picture. smile.png

The gp told me these are pretty much uncurable. Will have ot forever. aw how I love myself. cool.png

How bout you guys what are you willing to do?

post-89056-0-03423600-1325810697.jpg

post-89056-0-03423600-1325810697.jpg

Edited by beautifuldoll

Great post! It will be fine, trust me. Try not to think about it. No one else will and they surely wont notice it. I actually was a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding this past August. I was living with them when his fiancé asked me to be one. At the time my skin was clear. When the wedding date rolled around my skin was an absolute wreck. Worst breakout of my life. I had to endure going to get my make-up done with no make-up on and I was so uncomfortable. Then I had to sit there and get tons of make-up caked on over it. It was terrible. Luckily you couldn't tell by the pics my face was such a mess but I'm sure in person I looked silly. I sure felt it.

Oops I meant sit there and get hair done with no make up on.

i know we dont know each other, but im very proud of you! being able to put aside your personal feeling and doing something that you may not be comfortable with, for your sister, is very courageous of you and is a trait everyone should emulate:D

i know we dont know each other, but im very proud of you! being able to put aside your personal feeling and doing something that you may not be comfortable with, for your sister, is very courageous of you and is a trait everyone should emulate:D

I agree! And congratulations to your sister! ^_^

You're doing the right thing.

And you won't necessarily have KP forever, it usually gets better with age. From what I understand, a lot of times it clears up by 30. Until then, it may not be curable, but it is treatable with exfoliation, moisturizing and patience. (I realize this is probably all things you've heard or read a thousand times, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case.)

It does get better with age. My dad said around 40... :P

But I have doing really well with my KP! I use Peter Thomas Roth Anti Aging cleanser on a exfoliating cloth and then use Ahava Caressing Body Sorbet after and I don't pick anymore. It's made a big difference.