Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rjccats

Retin-A, Erythromycin, And Pore Strips

This may sound like a ridiculously stupid question, but bear with me:

I've been on Retin-A and Erythromycin for about 6 months (just for my face). I have mild/moderate acne, and though it's not that bad, it's really persistent. I've had it for a few years now. Nothing really clears me up for long periods of time.

One of the most annoying things is that I have a million tiny blackheads because my skin is so porous and it's quite visible. My skin is also very oily, which makes it even more obvious that I have huge pores. Obviously, squeezing the blackheads out all the time is a bad idea, though sometimes I get desperate.

So I'm wondering, I know that Retin-A is used to speed up the recycling of skin cells, and I've heard that you're not supposed to use waxes or anything that tears at the skin while on it.

So are pore strips a no-no? I figure they are but I was just wondering. I've never had much success with them but the blackheads are really getting to me now.

Sorry, that was a bit of a roundabout way of getting to the question. I'm getting kind of desperate though, my skin has always bugged me and I feel like it's about time that the medication worked... I haven't seen dramatic improvement. I am considering asking my doctor for a different medication. Are there any products that treat inflamed acne and blackheads well?

Thank you so much!

I woulfn't do that since ur not suppost to on retin-a, and ive used those pore strips and its kind of like waxing so i would say avoid it. You should just pull out the blackheads with a tweezer, it's so easy except if your blackheads are kinda under the surface and are not sticking outt enough for u to pull it out.

Hope I helped, i don't really know anything about retin-a but i have gotten rid of blackheads on my nose before w/ success.

Thanks! I figured that was what the answer was going to be, I know that pore strips can be quite damaging to sensitive skin. Hopefully someday I can use some sort of treatment for it though I fear I'm doomed to have huge pores and blackheads all my life haha. I shall win this fight eventually...

QUESTION!: I have been trying and trying to find anyone on Erythromicin, what percent are you on and how/when do you use it? is it just erythro or is it erythro w/ bp???

ANSWER: instead of pore strips i would say go to aethetician and get extractions done the right way...