Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bee4

Popped A Cyst That Had Been There For 6 Months And Left With Horrible Scab

Do you think this will scar? I had a cyst for about 6 months - it felt hard under the skin but never came to a head. Then the other day I spent a lot of time in a hot tub and I think the steam made the cyst come to the surface. I used a needle to pop it and some hard white stuff came out.

It is completely flat now except for the scab which you can see in the picture. The area around the scab looks depressed.

Do you think from this picture that it will leave an indented scar permanently?

Thanks in advance

Bee4

post-87299-0-01349100-1325786438_thumb.j

post-87299-0-97373000-1325786740_thumb.j

Edited by bee4

No it doesnt look like it will scar at all. For popping cysts, it actually looks really good. I bet it will be gone within 1-2 weeks, just keep it moisteruized for the most part and you should be fine. Your skin looks great by the way :)

i wish my scabs looked like that after i pop cysts..mine scab soo bad. they're usually twice the size of the actual pimple but no you def won't scar. so far, none of my cysts have ever scarred.

Well the scab has gone and the cyst is still there underneath! It's not quite as raised as it was, but it's definitely still there underneath. It's all shiny and smooth at the moment. Maybe it's just an empty sac?

i had a tiny little cyst back in october (it was so small i didnt even realize it was a cyst first, until it didn't go away)..well i popped it, it scabbed terribly (it was GIGANTIC), the scab fell of the next day and it left that raw pink look, and then two days after that i could still feel a tiny little bump underneath the skin. that eventually went away within a week, so maybe it's the same thing? ..can you see the bump?..with me, i was still able to see a tiny little bump that wasn't noticeable to others and i sorta forgot about it because it really wasn't noticeable and then when i thought about it again it was gone...try putting tea tree oil on it mixed with aloe vera..that always makes my post cyst mark to go away really quick