Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lanks94

Need Help Finding A New Moisturizer For Male

Hi i have been using Cliniderm for the last few months, and i have never really liked it. It seems to bother me after i put it on, and does not actually moisturize my face all that well.

I am looking for something new now. I live in Canada so if that helps with your recommendations.

Reading around i have seen Cetaphil is quite popular. However after reading a bunch of reviews i heard it leaves your skin looking greasy. Would like to know what else there is that is good for acne?

I recommend Eucerin over Cetaphil. If it is carried in stores near you, look for an oil-free, sensitive skin formula.

I also recommend CeraVe Lotion and prefer it over Cetaphil precisely because of the greasiness but I'm not certain if you can find CeraVe in Canada...

Hey thanks for the replies!

I can't find either of those at my local Shoppers or Pharmacy..

Any other suggestions?

I have started just using pure jojoba oil, which I bought at whole foods in the US, but is sold online too. I cannot give a verdict myself yet, but might be worth a try. Definitely works as far as moisturizing and getting rid of flakes, only requires a few drops, I'm just not sure whether it will cause breakouts or not for me.

The comedogenicity rating is only 2/5, it is recommended on this site's regimen, albeit as added to another moisturizer.

Another idea would be to look for a local esthetician in your area and see if they can give you a few moisturizer recommendations based on what you're looking for.

I have tried tons of moisturizers, but I keep going back to CeraVe. Always. I did just buy the CeraVe PM and it seems awesome.

I just got CeraVe moisturizing lotion from Shoppers Drug Mart. You will need to look at the bottom row with all the other skin care brands, and it will just be the moisturizer and the cream version in a tub. Get the large bottle with the pump, thats the one you want.

It is like a gel consistency and goes on clear. I have first spot tested it in random areas to see if I break out, and haven't had any bad effects from it. It has some very nice ingredients. I haven't tried putting it all over my face yet, I just put it on my dry patches and it seems to work.