Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Summerrr

Accutane Advice?

Hi everyone, I'm new here but as I'm just about to start Accutane (today actually!) I thought I'd make an account and see if anyone had any general advice/tips for me?

Thank you :)

Well reading from other peoples experiences I'd say: a great lip balm is needed for the dry lips, good moisturizer, gentle cleanser, drink loads of water, take supplements (I have no idea which ones) Don't pick or poke your face because it'll become very sensitive and scar very easily and eat healthy I guess

Someone who's been on accutane can give much better advice than I can hehe :3

Good luck, keep us posted biggrin.png

Edited by Kittyx3

My biggest advice would be to buy the products to combat the side effects NOW. With the right tools, the side effects become moderate at best.

Here is what I use:

Lips -- Tea Tree Oil Lip Balm

Body/Dry Spots -- Bag Balm

Eyes -- Clear Eys Drops

Hair -- Moroccan Oil

Also, try not to spend all of your time focusing on your acne/Accutane. I made that mistake and it made the process grueling. I remember there was a woman who was in a very bad car crash which gave her third degree burns all over her acne and face. She said she only allowed herself to cry/have self pity for five minutes a day. I like that theory. ;-) Good luck! & If you need help or have questions along the way, come to acne.org

thanks for the tips :)

Here is what I use:

Lips -- Tea Tree Oil Lip Balm

Body/Dry Spots -- Bag Balm

Eyes -- Clear Eys Drops

Hair -- Moroccan Oil

Yeah take care of that scalp so your hair stays healthy. I have thick hair and since I don't produce oil like before I have to moisturize my scalp. I honestly don't know what kind of lotion/grease it is, but its in a pink container used primarily for Black hair. Well....because I don't want oily hair, I have my bf take my hair in sections my moisturize my scalp and at night I cover my hair in a silk stocking. Lol...

I use Lypsyl for lips, Cetaphil to moisturize, Neutrogena wipes to take off my powder and Aveeno to wash my face.

I don't know about supplements. I juice daily and eat lots of oatmeal and salmon....so I doubt I need any of that junk. I honestly dont have any side effects. Just stay hydrated n honestly you will be good. My lips aren't bad at all and the dry skin is easily manageable.