Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bonnie & Clyde

Had To Stop Taking Differin

I'm so upset, I really thought this would be the solution. I should have stayed with my regimen before hand. When I went to the derm, I asked him if the differin would cause my skin to be worse before it gets better - he said no because my skin was already cleared, but it just wouldn't do AS good of a job at keeping my skin that way ( WHAT? lol ) I'm on my period this week, so I hope that's contributing to the breakouts that I have. I have tiny little red bumps on my upper lip and a bit on my chin area, 2 big pimples on the side of my nose and and a small red bump on my right cheek. I went from having clear skin, to breaking out. I stopped using the differin as of last night, and went back to using my retin-a liquid. I guess I'm going to have to start going back to my old dermatologist. I was kept clear for 3 years with her! I'm so disappointed. The last time my skin freaked out this bad, the vitamin a liquid cleared it up in a day.. this time around, not so much. Probably because I was using something that was purging my skin as crazy! I'm sooo frustrated. I have panoxyl on the problem areas right now hoping that by tonight it will have calmed down.

Sorry for the rant... just needed to get that off my chest! I really hope my skin goes back to normal in a week :(

How long have you been using the differin?

All i can say from my experience is stick with it. It flared me up initially but has done a lot of good and helps smooth the skin also. It takes months until you reap the benefits of it.