Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jjronnie

Help! Personal Examples Of Long Duration And Fairly Large Dosage

My Derm wants me on Accutane for a total of 8 months!!!!!!!!!!! I took 40 mg for first month, completed 4 months at 80mg, and will remain on 80 mg for next 3 months. Has anyone heard of this large of a cumulative dose? I weigh about 180 lbs.. I would feel better if someone else has heard or personally been on such a dose. Thanks!

Edit: I should mention that its mainly for body acne

Edited by jjronnie

I was on accutane for 8 months, weight 125, 50mg for first 6 months, 30mg for last two. Doc wanted me to do another month but I had severe hair shedding and my insurance would not pay for a ninth month. I only decreased the last two months bc of the hair loss, which slowed with the decrease. I'm one week off the tane and my hair has stopped coming out and is a little thin but looks good. Also my body acne 100% clear, face 90% clear.

Remember no one has the same side effects on accutane, we are all different. I would follow your doctors orders, monitor yourself for changes. My hair started coming out at month 4 but I kept calm, kept my doctor informed and kept going. Hope my info helps.