Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
schamp6

Fatigue From Accutane

I recently finished a 5 month course of Accutane (80mg a day) and battles pretty severe fatigue throughout the duration. I've been off for nearly 2 weeks now and still have dark circles under my eyes and trouble getting my day going. I get plenty of rest every night, 7-8 hours. I am just curious to how long Accutane stays in your system after stopping? And has anyone else had similar fatigue?

Thanks in advance.

Accutane exits your system about 1-2 months after finishing your last pill. It's understandable that your body would be reacting this way. Accutane really hits your body hard.. think about it. Dry skin, eyes, hands, increased muscle aches, trouble with vision, muscle fatigue, nausea.. the list goes on. I would suggest drinking as much water as you can and giving it more time. By fatigue, do you mean nausea?

I had so much fatigue during/after my course. I made sure to take iron supplements while on my course though to try and help combat it. As well I aimed for at least 9 hours of sleep a night. Like Sima said, accutane lasts in your system about 1-2 months even after you finish taking the pills. My fatigue went away more or less after that. Try to fill your body with as many nutrients as you can, drink lots of water and get lots of sleep. Listen to your body and give it what it needs.

Edited by jennifer36

I am going through the same thing. I'm half way through my fourth month now and I've been exhausted the entire time. :(

Maybe I will try taking iron like Jennifer suggested!