Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caitlin

Over the counter meds?

Ok, well im new to this forum i just went looking for some advice, I have recently started to get more pimples than ever and I am really self consious. Anyways, my boyfriend and my mom all said that it looks like i have pimples all over my forehead, chin and cheekbones, but i had them touch it, and they are really scars! It sux so badly because i went to the doctor and he put me on erythomeyacin (cant spell) and 2 topicals called clindamycin phosphate (cant read the label too well) and benzoyl peroxide.

Here are some pix...

in the 2nd pic, all the circled areas are the scars....

user posted image

user posted image

bb_eusa_wall.gif help me if you have any ideas, cuz i am so close in going across the street and buying that neosporin patch stuff they have...

Love Caitlin

Hi, acne will generally heal, given time. I'm glad you went to a doctor. I suggest that you don't use neosporin patch stuff. It may break you out since products that end in "sporin" generally contain lots of oil. (I think the ingredient is called petrolatum or similar) Your pics are too blurry to be sure, but it looks like typical recent acne. I know it's very hard to do, but the best possible thing for you to do is to not touch your face or apply anything unless your doctor says it's ok. Some kinds of makeup should be fine applied over your meds so maybe check into that. Good luck