Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
1upOnu

Question About Shampoo While On Clavaris

After some reading on this forum I purchased some Head and Shoulders to help with the drying scalp. I'm starting week 3 and get the occasional itch from the scalp my concern is that is has both the bad SLS ingredients. I have been using non SLS soaps and shampoo for months now so will this be okay I don't want to solve one problem to create another. Also I'm noticing how big my pores are on my face is it due to the lessening of oil in them and now you can see them as to how they really are?? Thanks.

I would not use Head and Shoulders. My dermatologist refers to it as floor cleaner. Stick with the SLS free. I have a dry (HAD) a dry, flaky, scalp and switched to SLS free Pureology Shampoo and conditioner. I don't even use the Pureology recommended for dry scalp. I use the Hydrate line of Pureology works great. Tea Tree oil is in the the light Hydrate conditioner. Has made a huge difference and improvement in regards to my scalp. SLS's can be very harsh and drying for some scalps. Which can compound the problem as you stated above in your question.

I use Oneka elements lavender hydrating & nourishing shampoo & conditioner. It is really gentle and doesn't dry out my scalp at all. I'm prone to a dry flaky scalp and I'm loving this shampoo and conditioner. They each only contain 2-3 chemicals, are near the bottom of the list, and I researched both chemicals separately and they only receive a hazard rating of 1 on the skindeep database. Also I've gotten so many compliments on how healthy my hair looks lately. It already looked healthy from not straightening/using bad stuff on my hair and this stuff made it even better.

I use Oneka elements lavender hydrating & nourishing shampoo & conditioner. It is really gentle and doesn't dry out my scalp at all. I'm prone to a dry flaky scalp and I'm loving this shampoo and conditioner. They each only contain 2-3 chemicals, are near the bottom of the list, and I researched both chemicals separately and they only receive a hazard rating of 1 on the skindeep database. Also I've gotten so many compliments on how healthy my hair looks lately. It already looked healthy from not straightening/using bad stuff on my hair and this stuff made it even better.

I'm so going to check those out!!