Notifications
Clear all

After 20 Years Of Searching, My Acne Is Totally Cured. Important Read.

MemberMember
(@aquapurity)

Posted : 01/03/2012 9:14 pm

Hello, and this is for real. I feel pretty confident that this will be one of the best posts you have ever read relating to the disease you get to wear on your face every day: acne.

THIS MAY SOUND LIKE AN INFOMERCIAL BUT IT'S NOT. I'm a real dude and I have discovered, after all this time, the closest thing to a magic bullet for acne that I have ever found, EVER. Please let me share it with you....

I'm a 34 year old male. I have struggled with acne for 20 years and, yes, I have visited this site many, many times looking for solutions.

I have tried EVERYTHING. I mean EVERYTHING. 20 years is a long time to try...

-putting all kinds of weird chemicals on my face to help heal, including slathering myself with benzoyl peroxide.

-trying megadosing on every supplement known to man.

-desperately trying extreme things like coffee enemas, liver cleanses, ANYTHING TO MAKE IT GO AWAY.

I'm coming back to the forum to give back to the community. I don't know why this took me 20 years to figure out but it did, and I think this will help you.

Here is what I DO NOT HAVE for you: I don't know how to heal acne that has already formed... and believe me, I have tried everything. The only thing that has ever really worked for me is time, and that sucks big time.

HOWEVER...

Here is WHAT I DO HAVE FOR YOU: For the first time in my adult life I am completely, and I mean COMPLETELY, free of acne. Did you hear me? I said ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY FREE OF ACNE. Since I began doing what I'm about to share with you my acne has completely, fully, totally, summarily disappeared. I mean GONE. I have had no new acne whatsoever form for about five months now since I began doing what I'm about to share with you.

First, a little background: understand that in all of my testing and calculations over 20 years, I've estimated that my acne problem was 70% due to dairy. This may not be true for you but it was definitely, definitely, definitely true for me.

So when I would drink dairy kefir (a yoghurt-like dairy drink), I would definitively break out within a couple days, just like I would if I ate any other dairy, like a pizza or what have you. It was weird because I felt like my digestion was better but then I would break out, so it was confusingly good and bad at the same time.

THEN I DISCOVERED SOMETHING AMAZING:

There is such a thing as WATER KEFIR. Totally non-dairy.

That's it.

Forget ANTI biotics. You need PRO biotics.

Kefir is a strain of about 20 species of bacteria and yeast that are healthy for our guts and it dates back thousands of years to the Caucasus mountains. "Water kefir" is a distinct offshoot of that "diary kefir" strain that has gotten used to eating basically sugar water instead of milk. It's the best way to get probiotics without dairy!! You basically just buy a starter culture for about ten for fifteen bucks. You need a large jar too, like a half gallon jar. Then you just feed the kefir culture some sugar and some dark sugar like coconut palm or molasses for extra minerals or some dried fruit. Depending on recipe it takes 24-48 hours to make a batch and then you drink it. In the first week or so you will be really gassy because all the good bacteria are eating all the extra food matter inside of you, so you want to drink it at night or on the weekend, but after that initial period the gas disappears. I will not provide any further detail which you can google for yourself (search for: "water kefir") except I will say that the best source that I bought "water kefir grains" starter culture from was localharvest dot org.

That's it. My acne literally stopped forming within about a day of drinking water kefir. My skin has had a chance to calm down and heal and it looks better than it has ever looked in my adult life. I still have pitted scars all around my temples from the trauma, but I guess those will just be my battle scars. I hope to save your from that.

If water kefir does not work for you, then I recommend that you do some hardcore research into probiotics and find some that work for you and take A LOT of it. Like I've been saying, after 20 years of personal scientific testing and research on myself, I have finally arrived at the conclusion that it's the state of your internal fish tank that is the key. I even found one scientific article published by at pubmed where scientists were theorizing that there is a gut/brain/skin "axis". (When the embryo is forming, there is some tissue that separates, and one half becomes the brain, and the other half becomes the gut/intestines. So this is what leads to the idea of a "gut/brain axis" where the health of your gut plays a role in the healthy functioning of your brain. So the article I mention extends this idea and says that there is actually a "gut/brain/skin axis"!! Amazing eh? So the idea is that the health of your gut may DIRECTLY influence the health of your skin, and in my experience this seems to be precisely true.)

Also, I definitely recommend you do some general research into fermentation and the history of fermentation because it will blow your mind and change your view of the world and this stupid "anti" biotic paradigm.

I can't help but feel incredible anger towards the medical community for obfuscating this information. What evil bastards to derive benefit from such suffering. And I can't help but feel betrayed and hurt.

Please comment on what you find in your experimentation.

Here is to your happy fish tank!

Best

Mac

MemberMember
(@spriorda)

Posted : 01/03/2012 10:39 pm

Great post! I have too cured my cystic acne using natural methods. Antibiotics and chemicals are non sense. Check out my post and let me know what you think!

All the best,

Patrick

http://www.acne.org/...__fromsearch__1

MemberMember
(@aquapurity)

Posted : 05/12/2012 12:18 pm

I'm really surprised that this post has almost a thousand views, yet no one has responded or seems to have tried the solution. I wonder if some on this forum might be more interested in enjoying the sense of community that comes from struggling with the problem rather than resolving the issue and moving on with life.

UPDATE: The best source of live water kefir grains I have found now is on ebay. The source I listed before no longer ships.

I am not associated with any of these sellers, I do not benefit financially from any of this information. I'm simply reporting that water kefir completely cured my acne which I struggled with for 20 years.

water kefir = truly repairing your internal ecosystem which in turn heals your outer skin.

I would think at least one person on this forum would be interested in spending the $13 it takes to perform this water kefir experiment on themselves and report back.

MemberMember
(@pinklady89)

Posted : 05/13/2012 10:54 pm

Yes im very interested! Ive tried everything and want to give this a shot!!!Would you mind explaining the process of how to make it? Or where can i buy it already made?

Thank you..

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/13/2012 11:02 pm

Yes im very interested! Ive tried everything and want to give this a shot!!!Would you mind explaining the process of how to make it? Or where can i buy it already made?

Thank you..

me as well. I dont mind ordering it if you can give some tips?

MemberMember
(@uglydude)

Posted : 05/14/2012 11:13 am

Thank you..

There are a lot of useful videos on youtube about brewing water kefir and other general information. Everything you need should be there.

I've just ordered some and I'm feeling good about it. Even if it doesn't help my acne at all, at least it's healthy. :)

MemberMember
(@pinklady89)

Posted : 05/14/2012 12:56 pm

Thanks for the tip!! I will definitly check it iut!!:) btw gave u ever tried drinking almond milk? Just wondering if anyone had success w it? because i got some today!

MemberMember
(@pinklady89)

Posted : 05/14/2012 12:57 pm

Thanks for the tip!! I will definitly check it iut!!:) btw gave u ever tried drinking almond milk? Just wondering if anyone had success w it? because i got some today!

Oops meant to say have u ever tried almond milk?

MemberMember
(@aquapurity)

Posted : 05/14/2012 2:28 pm

Thank you..

There are a lot of useful videos on youtube about brewing water kefir and other general information. Everything you need should be there.

I've just ordered some and I'm feeling good about it. Even if it doesn't help my acne at all, at least it's healthy. smile.png

Hi All,

Here are some of my tips on the subject:

--Yes agreed, just go to youtube and search for "water kefir". You will find a bunch of instructional videos.

--All you need is...

--a big jar with lid for sealing... half gallon jar recommended because the kefir bubbles and can soak your coffee filter

--coffee filter

--organic cane sugar and some darker sugar like coconut palm or molasses for minerals

--wooden stirring spoon (don't use metal because it electrocutes the bacteria)

--plastic fine mesh filter optional for pouring back and forth (again, don't use metal)

--NOTE: for the first five days you will be gassy while the new bacteria eat any extra food matter inside you (so drink it at night I guess). This is a great sign! It shows that it's actually working. After this initial period, the gas will disappear forever... so totally push through and you will see amazing results!

--You can buy readymade water kefir in the store, but I found it to be ineffective just like most probiotic supplements... as if it didn't have much bacteria in it. This is why water kefir is the best solution. It is the real deal, you can see it bubble you can see the clouds of good bacteria.

--ALSO NOTE: it only took a couple days for me to see that all acne completely stopped forming. HOWEVER, my existing acne still had to go through it's normal life cycle, but after that existing acne healed, there was no more acne at all because no new acne formed at all anymore. Water kefir does not necessarily speed up the healing of the existing infections... it prevents new infections from every occurring in the first place.

Hope that helps... it's totally worth trying... it's really cheap and I'm reporting that it's like the magic bullet that I sought for 20 years.

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 05/14/2012 2:48 pm

Hope that helps... it's totally worth trying... it's really cheap and I'm reporting that it's like the magic bullet that I sought for 20 years.

I am definitely going to try this.

I have one question though. Was your skin oily before taking the keifer? And did it reduce your oil production at all?

Thanks sideways.gif

MemberMember
(@autonomousone1980)

Posted : 05/14/2012 4:07 pm

very interesting part about the way humans gut brain forms in the embryo, since they are both neurons but the brain i think is sensory while the gut is motor neurons, im not sure there is much significance, but there is a possibility that the guts production of certain neurotransmitters may affect brain function, like serotonin and such, even though the brain produces its own.

i believe a high sugar and low fiber diet is enough to give most people acne in a few years, and this changes the gut bacteria contributing to intestinal permeability where different food particles get into the blood stream and create inflammation or disrupt normal skin processes.

MemberMember
(@aquapurity)

Posted : 05/14/2012 6:43 pm

very interesting part about the way humans gut brain forms in the embryo, since they are both neurons but the brain i think is sensory while the gut is motor neurons, im not sure there is much significance, but there is a possibility that the guts production of certain neurotransmitters may affect brain function, like serotonin and such, even though the brain produces its own.

i believe a high sugar and low fiber diet is enough to give most people acne in a few years, and this changes the gut bacteria contributing to intestinal permeability where different food particles get into the blood stream and create inflammation or disrupt normal skin processes.

Yeah it is interesting. I'm not sure either exactly what the connection/mechanisms are... it's still kind of mysterious. There are however scientists who say that they can no longer decide where the brain begins and ends in the body, so perhaps on connection is the nervous system. Another connection might be through the immune system since they say that 70% of our immune system is gut health, and a strong immune system leads to healthy brain growth etc. Another connection is diet... with healthy gut bacteria, they can break down your food better and, for example, release more omega 3 fatty acids for absorption so that would also be good for the brain. But, even though it's mysterious to me I'm now completely convinced that the health of your gut shows on your skin.

I am definitely going to try this.

I have one question though. Was your skin oily before taking the keifer? And did it reduce your oil production at all?

Thanks sideways.gif

I would say so... here are my thoughts: There are two possible culprits that lead to oily skin: too many sweet things and possibly too much dairy (both of which often go together). Notice I said sweet things, not carbs in general (like a vegetable). Sweet sugars are almost always ~50% fructose which has to be metabolized by the liver through the same metabolic pathways as alcohol... when you have too much the liver converts it into fat and it boosts you blood triglyceride levels. I don't understand the whole thing but I think it messes with your hormones which then triggers a bunch of sebum production. I always found that if I limited sugars my oily skin went away. My advice is cut back on sugary things somewhat... not totally just enough to see where the line is.

As far as kefir goes, I do think it will help for these reasons: my skin is perfectly toned now and has been since I started the kefir... I have not noticed any oily days. Since I started the kefir I noticed that my carb metabolism is sooooo much better. I can eat carbs like crazy without any noticeable consequence. In the past I would notice breakouts right away after eating lots of carbs or dairy. Now that does not happen. I can eat a muffin or a little ice cream or whatever and now I never notice any change in my skin. I believe that the healthy gut ecosystem really helps bigtime with digestion... and besides... once your gut is full of good bacteria, when you eat a little sugar you are feeding them! However, a good diet is a must and will be for the rest of our lives... but I feel the kefir has allowed me to be a little more flexible.

Hi All,

One other thing: Go on ebay and search for "water kefir grains". You will see a bunch of choices... just search for a listing that sound reputable... they are all pretty inexpensive. I recommend you buy the "live" kind. Do not get dehydrated grains. The "live" kind will come in a plastic baggie in a box in the mail... you can take this put it right in your jar and add sugar and start rockin right away... you will see it bubbling within about an hour... and then in about 24-48 hours you will have your first batch.

EDIT/UPDATE: actually, when you first get the water kefir grains you may see some bubble start to form after an hour, but it usually takes longer, like maybe 5 hours before it becomes really obvious. It will start off slow when you first get but you will notice it becomes more alive and grows over time. It's a batch operation so each batch will be slightly different in quality/flavor/fizz/everything. It's actually kinda fun... like you have a small brewing operation.

ANOTHER EDIT/UPDATE: when you first get your water kefir grains you may need to give it a couple days to consume the first batch of sugar. you may also, if it tastes bad, just throw it out and start the next batch. It may take a couple batches to fully bring the culture to life. When you first add the sugar it's basically sugar water, and when it's fully done it's basically vinegar. You never want to let it go all the way to vinegar because it'll kill the bacteria. You can just do taste tests as you go along to figure where you one the spectrum from sugar water to vinegar. As the culture 'wakes up' the speed it takes to finish a batch gets smaller... in the beginning it could take 3-4 days, but then later the same recipe will only take 1-2 days. taste test!

MemberMember
(@aquapurity)

Posted : 05/14/2012 7:01 pm

Thanks for the tip!! I will definitly check it iut!!smile.png btw gave u ever tried drinking almond milk? Just wondering if anyone had success w it? because i got some today!

Almond milk is fantastic. I recommend the Silk brand...they really did a great job on their almond milk. It also doesn't have starch in it so the sugar free kind is truly low carb... other brands put tapioca starch in theirs which isn't great.

MemberMember
(@pinklady89)

Posted : 05/14/2012 7:39 pm

While doing the keifer, were u using any special kind of face wash? Which do u recommend? I have combination skin type... Im thinking of doing the caveman regimen which is not washing ur face fir 30 days! Have u ever trued this and do u have any advice about it?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 05/14/2012 8:43 pm

One other thing: Go on ebay and search for "water kefir grains". You will see a bunch of choices... just search for a listing that sound reputable... they are all pretty inexpensive. I recommend you buy the "live" kind. Do not get dehydrated grains. The "live" kind will come in a plastic baggie in a box in the mail... you can take this put it right in your jar and add sugar and start rockin right away... you will see it bubbling within about an hour... and then in about 24-48 hours you will have your first batch.

Thanks for all the information! I will try this after finals are over and report back my results.

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 05/14/2012 9:21 pm

gut brain (and really, how the whole body is interconnected) ftw!

MemberMember
(@aquapurity)

Posted : 05/14/2012 9:40 pm

While doing the keifer, were u using any special kind of face wash? Which do u recommend? I have combination skin type... Im thinking of doing the caveman regimen which is not washing ur face fir 30 days! Have u ever trued this and do u have any advice about it?

Thanks

At your stage I don't recommend going without cleanser. Cetaphil "gentle skin cleanser" is awesome and I've been using it for years now. It is so extremely gentle yet it leaves your face with a great tone, not shiny at all. Once your acne has healed then your facial skin becomes more like the skin on the rest of your body and you can get away with forgetting to wash it now and then... I currently have been only washing my face in the morning. that's it. I DO NOT believe that not washing your face will cure your acne... for now I believe you should keep it clean because it's still prone to infection. Again, cetaphil is awesome and recommended.

MemberMember
(@pinklady89)

Posted : 05/14/2012 10:14 pm

Ok thanks for the tip! But i just came across a blog today stating it contains sodiun lauryl sulfate.. So researched it andsaw that it is very harmful to ur skin!! So now im a little scared of this... Have u heard of this before?

MemberMember
(@aquapurity)

Posted : 05/15/2012 10:23 am

Ok thanks for the tip! But i just came across a blog today stating it contains sodiun lauryl sulfate.. So researched it andsaw that it is very harmful to ur skin!! So now im a little scared of this... Have u heard of this before?

Yeah I understand your concern. The most important thing is to find a gentle soap. The cetaphil may have some sodium laureth sulfate, but that is a foaming agent and the cetaphil does not foam hardly at all so I bet it just has a tiny amount of it in there. I'm health conscious too but I still like cetaphil and still recommend it. I don't believe that cetaphil could aggravate anyone's skin... just the opposite. Maybe others know another gentle soap alternative.

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 05/22/2012 7:19 pm

Has anyone else yet tried this? I want to hear feedback from others.

Whenever i take anything "alive": kombucha, probiotics, greek yogurt. I seem to breakout. I have never held out long enough to see if it was just an initial breakout. Is it possible that water kefir could do worse for your skin? Probiotics can be detrimental too. right?

MemberMember
(@lieko)

Posted : 05/22/2012 9:59 pm

How many times do you drink the water keifr? Once a day?

MemberMember
(@aquapurity)

Posted : 05/25/2012 11:26 pm

How many times do you drink the water keifr? Once a day?

If you want to cure your acne then yes you should drink it every day or every two days. You can figure out the recipe amounts that will work perfectly and will ferment in about 24 hours. You should do this for several months I would say. After some time your ecosystem will be repaired. You at least need to get through the first week where you'll be a bit more gassy than usual get through that first week and you'll see amazing changes in your skin. Since I started The longest I've gone without water Kefir is about two weeks and my skin was fine... So this means that once you complete the initial gut repair then you can certainly go on vacation and things like that without having to take it with you. I don't know yet if I will have to take water kefir for the rest of my life or not... For now I'm choosing to take it quite often and my skin is clear.

MemberMember
(@aquapurity)

Posted : 05/29/2012 8:27 pm

Hi All,

There is one reported SUCCESS now!

I got a great message from lieko, and with permission I'm reposting it here:

Hi aquapurity,

I tried the water kefir hat you have mentioned and it's definitely the best solution so far that I've tried during most of my adulthood (i'm 26). Each time when I eat carbohydrates, my face will react with a worsen complexion (open pores/ blackhead) and sometimes a pimples around here and there companied by redness (mostly on nose). I was extremely distraught. I'm a long time believer that my acne came from within my body and for a long time I couldn't figure what it was. In the beginning I spent so much money on creams, supplement, herbs and none of them worked except cinnamon but that made me lose weight so that like taking one step forward and two steps backward. I also didn't like it due to the fact that I have to pay monies month to month. I was pissed and almost gave up to decide to live like this.

I then tried the water kefir, at first I didn't find any results because recently noticed that my first batches didn't have much "bubbles" until my third batch. One night right after I ate dinner with rice, the results was overwhelming. My complexion was so much better. I usually don't eat a lot of rice cause I'm afraid of the carbs but now I'm totally fine with it. Although I'm not one hundred percent cured because I still get bad reactions from eating sweet stuff full of sugar like candies. Cut thing short, I just want to say thank you!

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 05/30/2012 7:18 pm

thats awesome! im going to try this now. but since kombucha seemed to break me out, i will start slow.

MemberMember
(@moonpix)

Posted : 05/30/2012 7:59 pm

can i purchase this ready to drink?