Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
texasholdem

starting accutane today

im starting 60 MG of sotret(accutane) today. 20 MG in the mornin and 40 MG at night. i've had acne for about 2 years now and ive tried many topicals and other oral antibiotics. i just had a couple of questions.

1. I work usually from 4pm-11pm. Should i take it on my lunck break with food around 8 pm or before i go to bed around 12?

2. Accutane raises cholestrol level. Are tehre any things I should do or avoid to keep it low so my blood results are good?

Thanks

I'd say take on your lunch break with food at 8:00 p.m. It's best with food particularly a bit of fat. This is just what I've gathered from other posters. If you take at midnight take with plenty of water so it clears your esophagus (I can explain that if your interested). Or take it with milk at midnight for the fat. Other tip. drinks lots of water all day long. Avoid fried foods to keep cholesterol down. Just stuff you probably already know about.

Get yourself some aquafor for your lips they're gonna get dry wink.gif and like Boston said try and take em with fatty foods. That's probably the only thing...oh and I wash my face in the morning and at night before bed with cetaphil others like dove your choice on that and also I the cetaphil moisturizer, it's also up to you which one you use.

Well, Aquaphor didn't do shit for me... so I'd ask your derm for some samples of Naftin and Dermatop, those are really the only things that help me, and even that doesn't even work completely.

Hey texasholdem, my suggestion for the cholesterol is to stay away from fast food as much as you can. I didn't and ended up having to go on a low fat, low cholesterol diet, and I weigh a little over 100lbs. Soo what I did during my Accutane treatment was got a rid of all fast food and any fatty foods I could....good luck and stay in there even through the bad times if you have any which hopefully you won't.