Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So all 3 weeks of Christmas vacation, I imagined myself being at the university and being confident and not giving rat's ass about everyone. However, now that school is almost here again, the same fears are starting to come back.

And thank you pimple gods for giving me 7 massive cystic pimples clustered on my cheek.rolleyes.gif

*Moderator edit - unnecessary use of foul language removed from topic title.*

Today is just most likely the professors giving out course outlines and doing introductions.

I have to admit that going to school tomorrow will be even worse because people already have their seats. And if the professor calls attendance and sees that I was not there previously, he/she will call me out and ask me to walk to the front of the class to take a course outline. :(

The bright side to this is my pimples might subside a little.

Don't skip, you just create more problems. I enjoy learning but hated school itself because I had a hard time there, but I can honestly say I didn't bail. Don't do anything which might cause you to fall short on grades or whatever because that influences your prospects, career and a large part of your life. Comparatively, acne will only be a small part of your life in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by PaulH85

Today is just most likely the professors giving out course outlines and doing introductions.

I have to admit that going to school tomorrow will be even worse because people already have their seats. And if the professor calls attendance and sees that I was not there previously, he/she will call me out and ask me to walk to the front of the class to take a course outline. :(

The bright side to this is my pimples might subside a little.

Are you sure? The colleges around here drop students who are absent on the first day so they can add people on the waitlist who came to class.

What difference will one day make in terms of your pimples subsiding? You should go to school. Don't let your condition interfere with your education. One day, you'll regret it.

You need to stop skipping. I did it last year, it started off as 'hey its only one class, who cares' but eventually snowballed into me getting called out on it by my lecturer. Looking back, it wasn't worth it at all, my grades suck in that subject now, I'd rather have gone to those classes instead of playing catch up later down the line.

Edited by MJRI94

Yeah, I agree with ^! I'd be a liar if I said the sudden outbreak of cystic acne my freshman year of college didn't bother me, it did a whole lot, but I never missed class because I knew I would regret it, and if anyone did make fun of me, I wouldn't have to deal with them for long. We aren't the only people in college with acne either! And there's other flaws besides acne, we're just really harsh about our own, especially with something like acne which most of the population doesn't have - but you'll get through college, and if you keep looking, you'll get closer to clear skin! You're in the right place to learn about multiple methods to beat acne.

I feel your pain....I'm going back to college tomorrow and at the beginning of break, I envisioned my skin being way clearer by now. It's a little bit clearer, but it's redder, and dryer. I've had breakdowns this week where I can't even imagine going to class everyday with my skin looking like this.

Looking back on the breakdowns, though, I was overreacting a ton. And I think by skipping class, you are overreacting too. If you keep skipping, you will undoubtedly do worse in your classes. Being present in class is a huge part of doing well in school. Later on down the line, will you want to look back on this semester and think that acne caused you not work to your full potential? Especially when your skin is clear; won't you feel regretful for having let it interfere with your education? It's not easy repeating classes and getting your GPA up, so I really think you should try and push your acne aside when it comes to your education. I know it's difficult (I've had cystic acne in the past) but it's imperative that you don't let yourself fail because of this. And look at it logically---would you rather be a person with good grades and acne, or a person with bad grades, lower self esteem and acne? Doing well in school will help you feel more confident, too.

Don't let acne run your life. You're the only one in charge, NOT the acne.