Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashlie Victoria

Changing Your Acne Medication Annually From Tolerance

Do you have this same problem? I start a new product to treat my skin with an active ingredient I have never tried before or in a different dosage I get 6-9 months of relatively clear skin out of it and then it stops working. I start gradually breaking out more and more because it doesn't work. I am so irritated with it I can no longer use bp, salicylic, and tazarotene. I am running out of options I started tretinoin and its working because i have never used it but I know my skin and its going to stop working eventually. If you have been in my position with acne products have you gone back to a product you previously used for example proactive, after a year or more without it you start using it again? Did the product you built immunity too work for you once you laid off of it for a long time. I am curious because how much different types of chemicals are there out there to treat acne? Doesn't seem like much all the store brands are usually bp and salicylic. I no longer have insurance to keep seeing my dermatologist to ask and i've done a trial period of doing nothing but wash my face with a natural soap and i still had pimples.