Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esoteric23

Organic Dairy Products

Here is a little background on my situation. I have been a vegetarian for 10 years and have struggled with an eating disorder for about 8 years. I have been working very hard on my eating issues for the passed two years. I have struggled with mild to moderate acne since I hit puberty at about 14. Recently I went on birth control (beyaz) to help with my hormones and PMDD. It really has done wonders for my skin but I am still getting small pimples here and there. I have debated if I should cut out dairy from my diet to see if that would improve my skin even more. The problem is my diet is already so restricted and my weight is so low that I am afraid doing this would do more harm than good. I do not drink milk or put it in my cereal. I eat cheese and yogurt and other dairy products like sour cream, butter etc. Are organic dairy products better than regular products? How do I know if dairy is even causing my acne? Any help on this would be great!

Are organic dairy products better than regular products? How do I know if dairy is even causing my acne? Any help on this would be great!

Yes. From pastured animals is better than grain fed. And fermented is better than unfermented. And goat/sheep is better than cow, etc. But the only way you can find out if, what and how much affects you, is to try avoiding it.

Do you eat eggs? Fish?

And you eat cereal? Have you tried avoiding grains, especially refined grains like commercial cereal?

Edited by alternativista

Thanks for the tip! I didn't even know about grain fed vs pastured and fermented vs unfermented. That is very helpful. I don't eat fish but I do eat eggs. They are brown omega 3 eggs from cage free hens without antibiotics or animal byproducts. Or that is what it says on the carton.