Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
civet

Epiduo Eye Irritation

I just used Epiduo over my whole face for the first time last night, and experienced rather bad eye irritation. I dozed off on the couch for a bit and when I woke my left eye (the side of my face I had been sleeping on) was quite blurred and my eyelids were a bit puffy. I hopped in the shower to wash the Epiduo off of my face and to flush my eye. This morning my vision is mostly normal, basically just a bit off and slightly irritated like when I've experienced dry eye in the past and that is what it feels like now, as well. It didn't actually hurt or burn last night at all, but something was obviously wrong given the blurriness of my vision.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I probably will not end up using Epiduo again as I don't want to risk damaging my eyes or causing further irritation. I looked over the package and it doesn't really say much about what to do if you get the product in your eyes other than to rinse them, which I've done thoroughly, so I'm assuming it won't cause severe problems unless you are allergic or something.

I suggest you to discontinue epiduo immediately and consult your derm/doctor. Epiduo should not have this effect and maybe you are suffering from an allergic reaction causing the puffy eye