Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FSAS

Is There A Way To Test For Parasites?

or is it a guessing game kinda thing? is there anyway to do a test or something to know 100% if you're infested? or obvious signs etc?

also if someone has parasites is it best to avoid certain thing and add in other things to help kill them? for example avoid a certain food/group completely?

Edited by FSAS

Which parasite(s) are you looking for? You can't go fishing in the dark with such a broad group of organisms.

If you believe food is the cause of your acne, change your diet. What you eat and the subsequent reaction is not a reliable way to test for parasites. If you're looking for a single parasite (such as Toxoplasmosa gondii), many can be detected through blood smears or immunostaining - though the simple nature of some parasites makes them incredibly difficult to find.

http://www.acne.org/...from-tests-etc/

^Vista just reposted that.

Coconut oil and garlic are both antimicrobial, you can google "anti-parasitic foods and herbs" or "antimicrobial foods and herbs" and find a lot as well.

Which parasite(s) are you looking for? You can't go fishing in the dark with such a broad group of organisms.

If you believe food is the cause of your acne, change your diet. What you eat and the subsequent reaction is not a reliable way to test for parasites. If you're looking for a single parasite (such as Toxoplasmosa gondii), many can be detected through blood smears or immunostaining - though the simple nature of some parasites makes them incredibly difficult to find.

i dont believe food actually is the cause of my acne and either does my nutritionist but he's put me on some herbal pills to help 'kill off' whatevers in me. He did suspect parasites considering my b12 deficiency and acne of course but yeah he wasnt specific. just left me on the note of 'killing off parasites'. its been nearly a month on these herbal pills and i dont feel any different, look any different etc so i dont really think i might have a parasite problem but maybe what im doing is not strong enough im not sure, kinda just wanting to try every path. so very confused about this parasite thing -_-

Coconut oil and garlic are both antimicrobial, you can google "anti-parasitic foods and herbs" or "antimicrobial foods and herbs" and find a lot as well.

thanks smile.png

i dont believe food actually is the cause of my acne and either does my nutritionist but he's put me on some herbal pills to help 'kill off' whatevers in me. He did suspect parasites considering my b12 deficiency and acne of course but yeah he wasnt specific. just left me on the note of 'killing off parasites'. its been nearly a month on these herbal pills and i dont feel any different, look any different etc so i dont really think i might have a parasite problem but maybe what im doing is not strong enough im not sure, kinda just wanting to try every path. so very confused about this parasite thing -_-

So...what are you eatin' these days if food isn't mattering as much to you?

thanks smile.png

my main diet, that ive been on for the past year or so but more so much stricter since stopping spiro. but ive been dairy free for a few years, eating fresh salmon/chicken (cooking in coconut oil), organic eggs from my chickens (although not as many as i used to) I've been concerned with nuts so often soak them if i do eat them, i eat lots of fresh veggies, (1-2 green smoothies a day) and sparing fruit, mainly just focus on veggies. i suppose when i say food doesnt seem to affect me i mean like i dont get allergic reactions (i thought maybe once from eggs but i dont know anymore) and ive been tested for gluten intolerant (came back negative) but i still avoid all grains/gluten. But ever since sticking to mainly hormone-free, fresh meat and veggies i keep getting worse and worse acne wise, so im attempting herbs etc to see if it can help my hormones as i sleep 11 hours a night, exercise 1 hour most days or every second day. kinda just a bit lost how nothing is improving my face :S (and body/neck). im not sure if i have parasites but im so clueless in anything, tried taking supplements in the past and often didnt see a different at all with months of use. :0 sorry bit of a story there haha, i suppose i was meaning to say like dairy or even processed food never exacerbated my acne.. just the 2 weeks of the month before my period being the worst :/

thanks smile.png

my main diet, that ive been on for the past year or so but more so much stricter since stopping spiro. but ive been dairy free for a few years, eating fresh salmon/chicken (cooking in coconut oil), organic eggs from my chickens (although not as many as i used to) I've been concerned with nuts so often soak them if i do eat them, i eat lots of fresh veggies, (1-2 green smoothies a day) and sparing fruit, mainly just focus on veggies. i suppose when i say food doesnt seem to affect me i mean like i dont get allergic reactions (i thought maybe once from eggs but i dont know anymore) and ive been tested for gluten intolerant (came back negative) but i still avoid all grains/gluten. But ever since sticking to mainly hormone-free, fresh meat and veggies i keep getting worse and worse acne wise, so im attempting herbs etc to see if it can help my hormones as i sleep 11 hours a night, exercise 1 hour most days or every second day. kinda just a bit lost how nothing is improving my face :S (and body/neck). im not sure if i have parasites but im so clueless in anything, tried taking supplements in the past and often didnt see a different at all with months of use. :0 sorry bit of a story there haha, i suppose i was meaning to say like dairy or even processed food never exacerbated my acne.. just the 2 weeks of the month before my period being the worst :/

Are you taking any probiotics or eating fermented foods? What's going on topically? And recently I've been looking into buckwheat, which is recommended for women with PCOS (a subject I remember you showing interest in, as I am). It helps with insulin resistance and isn't glutinous. Is an omega 3, especially cod liver oil on the list of supps you've tried? I'm planning on buying a good cod liver oil from a respectable company that carries them in different flavors and derives their products from happy animals. Does your overall body feel different after consuming certain foods? I know I need to give goat cheese a rest...

How much are you getting out of the house? Communicating your thoughts and feelings? Do you have any other health problems going on besides your skin? How often do you cry or have moments of feeling overwhelmed/stressed? I don't think I've had a panic attack the way my friends who've had them describe but at the same time feel like I got used to living in a constant anxiety attack for a long time, or at least in bouts.

There are some good methods for meditation/self-healing, i.e. energy work that can be found free on the interwebs. Essential oils can also be very comforting. I think that may be something you ought to be considering on working on, maybe more than what you're putting into your body, FSAS. Creating a comfort zone. Feeling good about what you're doing, accepting stuff as it comes out along the way.

so im attempting herbs etc to see if it can help my hormones as i sleep 11 hours a night,

You should not need to sleep 11 hours per night. Why are you doing that? How are you doing that? Is it really at night? Are you sleeping well?

I'm planning on buying a good cod liver oil from a respectable company that carries them in different flavors and derives their products from happy animals.

Hey I just wanted to add in here a source for said cod liver oil: Dr. Ron's Tons of flavors and capsules too.

I'm planning on buying a good cod liver oil from a respectable company that carries them in different flavors and derives their products from happy animals.

Hey I just wanted to add in here a source for said cod liver oil: Dr. Ron's Tons of flavors and capsules too.

Yeah, that's the kind! I get it off greenerpasture's website. There are a couple cheap ones on ebay too.