Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ghs10

Want To Try Something New - Help!?

I've been using the St. Ives green tea scrub for about a month or two. The first week I thought it was working great, and helping with my acne. Actually, the smell was pretty nice! Though now I'm just not so sure that the green tea scrub is right for me and my skin type. I have semi-oily, sensitive skin (it gets pretty dry when using the wrong product), and moderate-seveare acne, and it's just not getting any better! I also have a lot of blackheads now, since starting the product - at least, more than I used to have. I thought about maybe using the St. ives green tea cleanser, and just use the scrub once a week or something like that. I've gone to the derm and was given this moisturizer stuff and some pills (which were useless, since I can't swallow them), and the moisturizer just made my skin unbearably itchy, red, and flakey. I'm asking for your help.

If you have the same sort of acne as me, and found a product that you think works, will you recommend it? That would be greatly appreciated! Or any tips and such would be helpful as well (: Thanks!

I've never known St. Ives' products to be very acne-friendly and scrubs are not good for acne-erupted skin. If you are not currently under the care of your dermatologist, I would suggest a very mild cleanser such as Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser. Have you tried benzoyl peroxide? If you've never used it before, let your skin get used to it before wearing it all the time. In three-day intervals, use it 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours and then overnight. This will reduce your chance of irritation.

I highly recommend Lumiplexion products but if you must use store brand items, Eucerin is a gentle brand. They would also carry an oil-free sensitive skin moisturizer you can use as well. Stay away from scrubs until your skin is pretty clear. You can gently scrub with baking soda on uninflamed areas to exfoliate.