Emilyx0

Still There...

Check out my other posts to see this scar from before

i havent used anything on it just my normal routine which is

-cetaphil cleanser

-exfoliation twice a week

- Benzol peroxide

- Cetaphil moisturizer

can anyone tell me what this is/ what i can do about it...

http://tinypic.com/r/21ct8id/5

http://tinypic.com/r/219z9j9/5

Edited by Emilyx0

I didn't read the background story but I checked out the pics. None of the things you're using will get rid of PIH. Maybe an AHA or BHA will help speed up the fading time.

It looks like you have an indented scar, but won't be able to see what it's really like until the redness goes away. f it's still there when the PIH is gone, it looks good for subcision and/or fillers. Do a search on here for both of them.

Btw, cetaphil cleanser has some of the most irritating and pore clogging ingredients known in it. I don't know why derms recommend it. I don't know about the moisturizer, but since their "gentle" cleanser is irritating and comedogenic despite what they say, I'd bet it's not great either. If you post the ingredients here I'll look.

Edited by Prettywords

thanks for the reply!

can you give me some products that would be good to heal the scar?

How long will it take?

:(

acne is honestly so annoying.

When did you get the scar? If it's been a bit of time, nothing will heal it but surgery later, but you should wait until the redness (PIH) is gone, because it may not be noticeable then. Just be gentle with it. PIH time varies, but anywhere from 6-12 months.

Find a new cleanser and moisturizer with gentler and non-comedogenic ingredients.

I agree that acne is so annoying.

i got the scar near the end of october!

it went away kinda than a pimple came up again and i let it go away on its own

now it looks like this and still very red almost , still fresh :S

I hatee this :(

Check out my other posts to see this scar from before

i havent used anything on it just my normal routine which is

-cetaphil cleanser

-exfoliation twice a week

- Benzol peroxide

- Cetaphil moisturizer

can anyone tell me what this is/ what i can do about it...

http://tinypic.com/r/21ct8id/5

http://tinypic.com/r/219z9j9/5

I wouldn't use benzoyl peroxide on the spot where the scar is. If I remember right it doesn't do good for skin's healing and might increase the redness. The scar doesn't look deep at all and will probably fill in even more with time. I wouldnt do anything about it atm.. just be gentle handling that spot and wait for some more months and see how it is once the redness is gone.

I didn't read the background story but I checked out the pics. None of the things you're using will get rid of PIH. Maybe an AHA or BHA will help speed up the fading time.

It looks like you have an indented scar, but won't be able to see what it's really like until the redness goes away. f it's still there when the PIH is gone, it looks good for subcision and/or fillers. Do a search on here for both of them.

Btw, cetaphil cleanser has some of the most irritating and pore clogging ingredients known in it. I don't know why derms recommend it. I don't know about the moisturizer, but since their "gentle" cleanser is irritating and comedogenic despite what they say, I'd bet it's not great either. If you post the ingredients here I'll look.

I think these are the ingredients:

Sodium cocoyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate, water, sodium stearate, sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate, sodium cocoate, PEG-20, sodium chloride, masking fragrance, sodium isethionate, petrolatum, sodium isostearoyl lactylate, sucrose cocoate, titanium dioxide, pentasodium pentetate, tetrasodium etidronate. May also contain sodium palm kernelate.