Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys,

My acne has improved a lot over time, but I still have quite some older red marks from old acne on my chin and the part of skin under my noseabove my upper lip. I really don't like it and it bothers me a lot!

I've read Sudocrem is a useful product for acne, but does it reduce/fade older red post-acne marks too?

Do you have any other suggestions on what I could use and works well?

I've used Sudocrem for 2 days now, but I don't notice much of a difference :(

thanks so much in advance!

Nothing will diminish red marks in 2 days.

"Sudocrem Antiseptic Cream has a water-repellent base which forms a protective barrier, therefore helping to stop any irritants (urine and stools) coming into contact with the skin. In addition, the emollient effect of Sudocrem can help to soothe sore inflamed skin whilst leaving the skin feeling soft." That doesn't sound like something that would have any effect on red marks.

Try an AHA product. And even a really good AHA will take time.

I read somewhere that someone noticed a lot of difference using sudocrem after just one night, so I hoped I would notice at least some difference after 2 days, but you're right, that's a very short period of time. What's an AHA product and how long will it take for AHA to show results? thanks for your help!!

she is right no redmarks are going to even fade within 2 days lol..

ive done a lot of research and some people even say that nothing fades redmarks and that even if you werent apply anything that whole time they would have faded on their own without treatment. im not quite sure if thats true.. im a believe in the exflo method as she stated but i like to use honey it helps kill bateria for active acne and helps fade redmarks.. ive been doing it for a week and a half and i already see very minor improvements even though im expecting not to see major results until at least a month. Hopefully 2 weeks in though at this rate ill start seeing some great results. good luck!!wiggle.gif

Oh! btw im not a strong recommender on the chemicals... i like natural stuff ie. the honey just my opinion! cool.png

thanks all for your answers, those products sound good

I´m still using sudocrem, because when I get a new spot, it seems like it´s gone much quicker, before it becomes really painful! Works really well for me on new spots it seems, so that´s very good! The old red marks appear a bit less red by now, but it could be the placebo effect haha...well I´m just gonna try it for some weeks. My skine tone looks a bit more even too.

so far I´m not displeased with the results, especially with new spots! Before I used it I would have a painful bump for about 3 days and now it was gone in a day!

Edited by SpleenPoetry

Hey dear... I also ditto using an AHA product. My skin is also immensely red from numerous acne scars. I've used AHA on and off a lot in the past, but I've stuck with it for more than three months now, and I can tell you that my complexion has evened out more, especially now that I've got my acne under control.

Just make sure you're using sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher if you're using AHA too; ones that sound good are Acne.org's AHA+, and I personally like Alpha Hydrox's Enhanced Cream.

Edited by adalyn