Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A new start :)

Pack Your Bag And Move To Sun/salty Water!

Don't really know where to put this, since its a little "off". But when I had acne the only time it really cleared up was when I was in Greece on holiday. Sun+Salty Water= Miracle for acne.

I took accutane, and now, two years later, its returning. I promised myself that if I ever got it back I would move somewhere with sun/salty water. I only got one problem; the side effects accutane left me, which are redness and flushing. I'm trying to treat that with lasers and feel pretty confident that it will fade, and when it does, I'm fucking moving.

So tired of this sh!t.

yo i totally agree! every year when i go to the beach only 15 mins away from me im flawless no acne no redmarks and a PERFECT TAN. well if youre going to move to sunny weather you might as well tan your redmarks now. and just get it over with. yes so many people say OMG stay out of the sun!!!! but dude if youre going to be in the sun any ways after theyre gone you might as well tan them now and they will fade into your new tan skin as the quickest fix for redmarks. so many people say that it makes your marks worse after the tan fades but idk ..this is the first winter ive ever had bad acne with redmarks. every year before this i had one FLAWLESS tan skin, girls LOVED IT. and now im pale in winter with acne and redmarks im really thinking of just tanning now because summer is coming up and i going to be tanning all summer long. idk what they will look like this winter in 2012 though.. so im still skeptical about it. but ill tell you what if they were to come back in winter i would definitely just keep a tan all year long i hate pale acne skin!

I disagree, for me sunshine always make my skin worse, but a tan is awesome for hiding redmarks!

My pimples would dry up in the sun but then it actually made my skin worse in the long term- much more sensitive.

But I guess it just depends on the individual :)

I disagree, for me sunshine always make my skin worse, but a tan is awesome for hiding redmarks!

My pimples would dry up in the sun but then it actually made my skin worse in the long term- much more sensitive.

But I guess it just depends on the individual smile.png

really that sucks.. because the beach and salt weather are two loves of my life. and now that i got acne this winter for the first time pretty much i really hope it doesnt get worse this summer when i go to the beach.. eusa_think.gif

• Myth:

The sun will help get rid of acne

Reality:

10-20 minutes per day for sun exposure for people with lighter skin and 20-30 minutes per day for people with darker skin may prove beneficial for acne symptoms, especially body acne. However, overly exposing your skin to the sun creates skin damage, which leaves the skin irritated. This irritation can result in more acne in the weeks following over exposure as the skin heals itself. If you notice a break out "out of the blue," ask yourself if you got sunburnt about two weeks ago. That may be the cause.1-2,5

Well that's what it says on Acne.org. I really do think it just depends on the person, cause everyones skin is different after all. It just so happened that I'm very pale and being in the sun irritated my skin no end, but it did heal up exsisting blemishes faster. You'd probably need to do a little experiment this summer XD

I live in the nasty ass hot desert! When I was in high school I ran cross country and track so I was in the sun alllllllllllll the time! Then I graduated and stopped running (less time in the sun) Which is when my acne started! Could it be the lack of sun that caused it?!?!? hmmmmm......

I live in the nasty ass hot desert! When I was in high school I ran cross country and track so I was in the sun alllllllllllll the time! Then I graduated and stopped running (less time in the sun) Which is when my acne started! Could it be the lack of sun that caused it?!?!? hmmmmm......

more than likely just coincidence, although every year in summer my skin is flawless, although this is the first year that my acne has gotten this bad during winter. i used to always have minor pimples in winter but never something like this. so who really know.. my acne is starting to go away already and i wont be able to test anything in the summer to see if it has any effects. im just glad its leaving and hope it doesnt come back!!

For me, as long as I do put moisturizer, with an SPF of, say, 15, on my face before I head to the beach, then being out in the sun does help my skin. But it's also the seawater that helps, too. Salt water has natural healing properties for your skin, which is why many people swear by using bath salts or mixing a concoction of just salt and water to help clear their skin. You just have to be careful not to let the seawater dry out your skin because that can lead to the sun doing more harm than good.

Also, the humidity that is usually present with the beach and, therefore, summertime does keep your skin in better shape as opposed to the dryness of the winter air. Then again, everything must be done in moderation. Seawater will help, unless you go overboard. Sun will help, unless you get sunburnt. Etc.

Hope that laser treatment does work out best for you.

I'm never gonna get a tan...I don't even go outside before 5p.m. because I don't want my skin to age. I have white skin so the sun can really age me in a matter of just a few years.

well i tanned for 2 hours today and it literally gave me no difference in my face just my chest got darker... eusa_think.gif

If you want to use this approach you gotta be careful. Use sunscreen! My holiday lasted for two weeks, took one week to see significant improvement in my skin, and one week to enjoy it! Don't forget to spend time in the salty water as well.

well i tanned for 2 hours today and it literally gave me no difference in my face just my chest got darker... eusa_think.gif

If you want to use this approach you gotta be careful. Use sunscreen! My holiday lasted for two weeks, took one week to see significant improvement in my skin, and one week to enjoy it! Don't forget to spend time in the salty water as well.

i dabbed sunscreen on my red marks only and i still havent gotten tan in my face! my chest is getting so tan but my face is just staying white.. WHAT THE!!!!