Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
suprememelon

Can't Get Rid Of Acne! Help Please!

Hi everybody, I had a dermatologist appointment about two weeks ago. He gave me a three step regimen. This is what it is.

1) Use Clean and Clear 10% Benzoyl Peroxide stuff and put it on my acne spots and gently rub it over the acne spots. Leave it on for about 20 seconds, then wash it off.

2) Put on the other stuff he gave me. It's in a brown bottle. The label says, "clindamycin lotion 1% - methylprednisolone 0.1% - apply 2 times daily - Dr Sevadjian 291-8292". It's a liquid lotion, not very thick. It's thickness is almost equal to water. What he told me to do was to invert the bottle over my finer so it soaks my finger with the liquid, then put a good coating on my face.

3) Then the last stuff he gave and told me to use at the end is called Differin. I think? Maybe it's Differen. Anyway, yeah it's a white lotion and I guess he said it's supposed to remove inflamation. I do it, but it's only supposed to be put on before bed at night time.

This is my regimen. It does not work. I have not seen any signs of improvement. I have been doing this for almost a month now. Please help, I'm very discouraged.

Sorry, but acne is not always caused my an allergic reaction to any food. Acne is caused by bacteria, hormones, excess oil, clogged pores, makeup, the list goes on and on. There is no ONE cause for acne. I would tell you, however, that most over the counter products to NOT work. They're all the same and worth little (at least to me they were...)

Right now I am on acanya gel from my derm and it's work great. But for moderate (or mild) acne that you have, I would just change my diet and supplement some vitamins and see where that got me. Try eliminating all sugars and grains and non-organic dairy products.

Oh, and eliminating non-organic meats and fast foods is also super important.

Sorry, but acne is not always caused my an allergic reaction to any food. Acne is caused by bacteria, hormones, excess oil, clogged pores, makeup, the list goes on and on. There is no ONE cause for acne. I would tell you, however, that most over the counter products to NOT work. They're all the same and worth little (at least to me they were...)

Right now I am on acanya gel from my derm and it's work great. But for moderate (or mild) acne that you have, I would just change my diet and supplement some vitamins and see where that got me. Try eliminating all sugars and grains and non-organic dairy products.

Oh, and eliminating non-organic meats and fast foods is also super important.

So what should I not be eating? As far as I know, I'm not allergic to anything. Maybe the stuff I'm eating is what's giving me acne. And you just use acanya gel to get rid of your acne? I think I am going to post a picture of my acne and maybe you guys can decide what I should do.

Your acne is very mild. It looks like mostly just flat, red marks, to me?

I do use Acanya Gel just once at night and then lotion during the daytime.

Check out the diet on the following website. It's the one I use to eat mostly. Although now, I have started drinking Amasai in addition to that.

Check out: http://www.knowthecause.com/FindInformation/tabid/82/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/316/What-foods-are-allowed-on-the-Phase-One-Diet.aspx

I'm a Nutritional Consultant so if you want advice on stuff you can email me anytime, [email protected]

Your acne is very mild. It looks like mostly just flat, red marks, to me?

I do use Acanya Gel just once at night and then lotion during the daytime.

Check out the diet on the following website. It's the one I use to eat mostly. Although now, I have started drinking Amasai in addition to that.

Check out: http://www.knowtheca...e-One-Diet.aspx

I'm a Nutritional Consultant so if you want advice on stuff you can email me anytime, [email protected]

Ok I emailed you!