Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anna93

Brevoxyl Allergic Reaction?

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum so I really hope I have put this in the correct section.

Here's my problem, and I would really appreciate it if you give me some advice :)

I have been using Brevoxyl for about 1 week now. At first, my acne could be considered mild to moderate. My pimples are concentrated on my cheeks, forehead and chin. My forehead's clearer and so seems to be my chin. But my cheeks have broken out badly. The pimples are strange, they are small, a lot and pretty flat. I should also mention that I have been using tea tree oil in the morning and brevoxyl in the evening. Does it sound like an allergic reaction? Or have I overdried my skin and it reacted? Please help me, I am so desperate :( if something's not clear I will gladly post some photos of my problem. Thanks!

Because of the limited time you have used the medication it is hard to tell if its an allergic reaction or if your skin is purging, or if the breakout is caused by irritation. If you want to know if you are allergic though, you can put a small amount of the Brevoxyl on your arm and then the next morning wash it off to see a reaction occured. If nothing happens after a couple days, then most likely you are not allergic. If you are worried about over drying or irritation, try using the Brevoxl every other day until you skin adapts and gets used to the medication, then you can try using every day. Also it takes time, a given rule of topical acne medications is that it usually gets worse before it gets better. If you continue to use the Brevoxyl (that is if you are satisfied that there is no allergy) then I say use it for 2-3 months and judge the progress of your skin. If you are satisfied with it, then continue the medication. If you are not, than go to the doc and try other medications. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you :)

Because of the limited time you have used the medication it is hard to tell if its an allergic reaction or if your skin is purging, or if the breakout is caused by irritation. If you want to know if you are allergic though, you can put a small amount of the Brevoxyl on your arm and then the next morning wash it off to see a reaction occured. If nothing happens after a couple days, then most likely you are not allergic. If you are worried about over drying or irritation, try using the Brevoxl every other day until you skin adapts and gets used to the medication, then you can try using every day. Also it takes time, a given rule of topical acne medications is that it usually gets worse before it gets better. If you continue to use the Brevoxyl (that is if you are satisfied that there is no allergy) then I say use it for 2-3 months and judge the progress of your skin. If you are satisfied with it, then continue the medication. If you are not, than go to the doc and try other medications. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you :)

Thank you very much for your help!! :) By the way, do you happen to have any recommended moisterizers while using this medication? :)

I personally use the cetaphil moisturizer for all skin types and I like that one. But other people are not a fan of it. So you could go with that one or do some experimenting. I remember when I was searching for moisturizers, I tried a bunch of them until I found one that I liked. It was a long process, so be patient with it.