Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laamberry

Over A Year Now And Still Broken Out!

Hi!

First of all, I think the products on this website are wonderful. They hasn't cleared up my acne but it has made it go from severe to moderate. My question is if this just isn't going to work for me ever...I've been on regime for over a year and it just sort of stays constant. My skin is still EXTREMELY flaky-- just recently I switched from using moisturizer to using the acne.org AHA+. It completely cleared up my flakes and it seemed like my acne was FINALLY clearing up! But it only worked for a week and a half. It's been a month now and now I'm just as flaky as before and my acne is returning. I'm not sure what else to try. I've done everything I can from not touching my face to sleeping on a clean towel each night, everything. The dermatologists have been no help at all, every time they try to put me on a drug I end up getting the worst symptoms they have (namely, depression) and no topical treatments they have given me have helped at all. I feel like if I could just beat this flakiness thing my skin would clear right up.

Advice? Does this mean my skin is being irritated by the products and how do I fix it?

That's weird . I thought flakiness was supposed to subside . Did it subside later on the regimen since you first started or has it always state flaky ? I'm on my 2nd month and it's subsiding little by little . So idk what to say :/

That's weird . I thought flakiness was supposed to subside . Did it subside later on the regimen since you first started or has it always state flaky ? I'm on my 2nd month and it's subsiding little by little . So idk what to say :/

It hasn't subsided a bit since I've started. If anything, it may have gotten a bit worse in the past 5/6 months.

It hasn't subsided a bit since I've started. If anything, it may have gotten a bit worse in the past 5/6 months.

well maybe its something you should consider , i mean to keep going on the regimen . I know that if the regimen didnt clear me up i would quit it ..

the regime also includes multivitamins and fish oil/omega fatty acid pills for smoother and more moisturized skin. Have you tried these yet? Your body could just be extremely dehydrated, so give those a try and drink as much water as you can. If you HAVE been doing all that, maybe it's a lack of sleep, too harsh with your hands, or you're applying too much BP and/or not enough moisturizer. My flakiness comes and goes as well, but it goes when I realize I was too harsh and comes when I forget to drink lots of water.

I just registered to jump in on some threads I've run into today. I recently cured my acne/pimple problem. Had it for over a year and a half and it caused loads of problems for my social life and mental health. My mistake was using cleansers, acids, BP, etc. At the end of the summer I was fed up with how things were going, so I decided to try a different approach.

I'd been taking Omega 3 supplements, as well as a quality multivitamin (Orange Triad) and maintain a quality diet so that wasn't a major factor. I started going more natural, using a different cleanser (Banish by Flawless Skin Couture, it's a little hard to find at the moment) which began to help just by itself. After that I began using natural masks, mainly the occasional Indian Healing Clay mask, and daily organic untreated honey masks. Never got to trying the regimen, but I used plenty of products and other regimens that were close enough. The natural approach does an amazing job, I haven't had so much as a single pimple for the past few weeks, I highly recommend it.

Here's what my routine looks like:

Wake up, shower and use Banish cleanser on face and neck, pat face dry with a clean towel and moisturize using a basic moisturizer.

Before bed I use the cleanser again, then apply the honey mask for anywhere from 15 minutes to over an hour, more time doesn't hurt and makes the skin look even better. Rinse clean then get a good nights rest and repeat.

1-2 days a week I'll use a mineral mud/clay mask on my face before the honey to get any black heads out from my nose, not to mention it leaves the skin feeling awesome.

Sorry about the long post but it seems that if the regimen isn't doing the full job you should go to a routine till the acne is gone, perhaps this could work for you as well. At the very least the honey can help restore your skin and help with flakiness.

Before you say the regimen isnt working can you tell us exactly what products you are using and how you use them?

-I use to use Acne.org cleanser but switched to a Dove beauty bar at the urging of my dermotoloist.

-full fingers length of Acne.org BP

-moisturize with acne.org AHA+

I've switched the AHA+ and BP around to see what works best and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

Thanks for the advice about the vitamins, guys, I don't currently take any. I'll give it a go.

Any idea why the AHA+ stopped taking care of the flakes? Is it really possible my skin got used to it in under like three weeks?

Its not possible your skin got to used AHA at all, you can exfoliate every day forever and still get benefits from it. I think your skin just got really dry again, for many people using AHA every day is too much (it sure is for me). I know a lot of people are kind of squeamish when it comes to adding jojoba oil, but it has been a godsend for me. I add 8 extra drops into dans moisturizer morning and night. Every 2 nights I use AHA instead of the moisturizer. I would recommend doing something like this. Adding jojoba and backing off on the AHA a bit.

I just bought CeraVe facial moisturizing PM lotion. I'm in love with it. I've only used it twice so far but already my flakes are gone and I can smile again. I've been on the regimen for 5 months and was having severe flaking as well.

I just bought CeraVe facial moisturizing PM lotion. I'm in love with it. I've only used it twice so far but already my flakes are gone and I can smile again. I've been on the regimen for 5 months and was having severe flaking as well.

Told ya so ! :) Now do the other things I recommended and you'll be good to go!