Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cassia Percival

Oatmeal Cleansing...

Hello everyone!

I've recently started cleansing my skin with oatmeal, plain oatmeal... nothing more, nothing less.

It seems to clean well, give light exfoliation without drying my skin and it also brightens my complexion.

What are other peoples experiences with this?

Only problem is... I tend to get lazy and forget to use Oatmeal morning and night lol! I really need to get into a proper routine with it. I guess it's because using oatmeal isn't as easy as a normal facial cleanser lol!

I've been doing that for the past 3 days. I had burned my face bad using a new product and I think the oatmeal cleanse combined with honey masks has really helped my skin heal. The redness has noticeably gone down in a really short time!

I've been doing that for the past 3 days. I had burned my face bad using a new product and I think the oatmeal cleanse combined with honey masks has really helped my skin heal. The redness has noticeably gone down in a really short time!

Oh that's awesome! I 1st heard of using Oatmeal as a cleanser from a Beauty guru on Youtube who had also burnt her face using a product.

How are you using the oatmeal? with your hands like most people or in a muslin bag etc? lol I want to try and find a way of making it less messy hahah!

I actually started doing it after watching that youtube vid too. I just use my hands. Its a mess but you don't need to use a lot. I take a small handful and close my hands and run warm water through it. Using the instant oats is good because they soften up fast. Then I gently cleanse my face by pinching a small amount with my free hand and gently rubbing in circles all over my face. I wish it were less messy too (It all ends up falling off into the sink and I have to wipe it up with a paper towel so I don't clog the pipes). With such good results in a short period of time, its totally worth the extra few minutes each day.

I actually started doing it after watching that youtube vid too. I just use my hands. Its a mess but you don't need to use a lot. I take a small handful and close my hands and run warm water through it. Using the instant oats is good because they soften up fast. Then I gently cleanse my face by pinching a small amount with my free hand and gently rubbing in circles all over my face. I wish it were less messy too (It all ends up falling off into the sink and I have to wipe it up with a paper towel so I don't clog the pipes). With such good results in a short period of time, its totally worth the extra few minutes each day.

It wasn't Bubzbeauty by any chance was it? lol I think everyones watched that video including me hehe!

I've just found a piece of muslin cloth that I forgot I had, I'm going to try using that when I wash my face. I'll put the oats into the cloth and use it that way, it's got to be less messy lol! :D

Hahaha yeah it was. It was really helpful and I think the oatmeal will really help if you do it consistently. Let me know how the muslin works out. I might have to start doing that if you see good results.

Hahaha yeah it was. It was really helpful and I think the oatmeal will really help if you do it consistently. Let me know how the muslin works out. I might have to start doing that if you see good results.

She's great! :D

I will definately let you know.

Lol I've just scalded my hands so I best go and run them again under some freezing water... oh joy!

I've just washed my face with the oatmeal in the muslin cloth randomly lol... and it's ALLOT easier/less messy! That's for sure.

But, your get less scrubbyness from the oats but luckily the cloth itself still provides light exfoliation! Whoop! SUCCESS!