Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So it's a new year, but it's starting off terribly. I just got dumped, I had to sleep in makeup last night to hide my acne from a friend, and I'm breaking out. Why when everything is supposed to be good and fresh, this happens, and on top of that I'm breaking out. I'm a 14 year old girl in high school, this is just really hard. I feel lonely and pathetic, and acne doesn't help.

Edited by LexiMarie97

I seriously understand where you're coming from. Acne is just a terrible thing to have, especially going through high school! I'm also in high school, and I've had acne for about 4 years now. It's gotten so bad, that everyone comments on it. I get called "pizza face", and some rude things by my cousin (but she's just a little shit that hasn't started her life yet, hahah). I get the feeling sometimes that I may be the only one at my school with acne. But really, i'm not alone, you're not alone. Even though everyone says, "we all get acne", they don't understand how hard it is to live with acne as well as us, do they? The stress of high school was hard enough, but entering the new environment for me was just tolling more on my acne.

The thing is, you won't live with your acne forever. You'll fluctuate with acne levels probably for the whole time you're at school. But that's just a guess, since there are many things that factor it like genetics, the way you live your life, the products you use etc. The thing is, you're going to get out of this shit hole they call high school, and you're going to live your life and have fun, and show off your beautiful, acne-free skin! I'm not promising anything, since there are people that live with acne for years and years and years, but you have to believe me when I saw that your acne will go away. Whether it be next year, 2015, or even when you're 40! You will get rid of your acne. It's the years that you spend struggling and tackling your acne do you suffer the most - self-esteem lows, stress increases. We, all of us at acne.org, understand how you're feeling. We're here to help you with it (:

The best thing that happened for me when I just finally looked at myself in the mirror and said, "well, i have acne. that sucks. but it's not the worst thing that could happen. i'm not dead, i'm not homeless, i have family and friends that love me, and i have to accept myself for who i am". Truly, i haven't worn a smudge of coverup or anything like that in years. The way I look at it, I see my acne as a part of me that people are just going to have to deal with if they want to be in my life. If people don't like that part of you, then it's their loss!

Of course, I'm only human. I also have feelings, and sometimes i just want to kill myself for having to deal with acne when no one else does - though we're never alone. If you seriously feel like a piece of shit, (which believe me, I do sometimes), you can just come on here and talk about it! That is, if you're totally uncomfortable to talk about your acne with anyone else in your life. You always have us at acne.org, and you can always message me if you like! You're not alone, and you're going to get through this. Trust me, it's not the worst thing that could happen to you - it just sucks having to deal with it in high school.

And as for the boyfriend, if he doesn't accept you for who you are, then he's history. The whole part about relationships is to accept the other persons 'flaws', and learn to live with them. And you really shouldn't hide who you are from your friends - they're the best at accepting you for who you are! if they didn't like you for you, then they wouldn't be your friends. I hope this helped you, and i hope this turned your thoughts around on your acne. Remember, we at acne.org are always here to help!