Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ilyking

Acne Is Affected By Food (For Me At Least).

My acne has lasted about 3 years (from 14 to 17). I have countless black spots on my face. They are so tiny that you can only see them up close, but the problem is that they have a very high concentration, for example on my nose there are about 10-15 tiny little black heads per centimeters squared. Because of this my complexion seems to be darkening when I compare myself to old photos a few years back. (used to be a shade of light brown, now a shade of brown with red/orange undertones). Even the skin just under my eyes is perfectly clear and that patch of skin is light brown, then you look at my face/chin and think... ughh.

Recently I started to take notice of the blackheads more diligently and I decided to control my diet. First thing I saw online was "no dairy, no sugars", so what is there left to eat? Carbohydrates. So I stuffed myself with carbohydrates and voila, around evening time next day my face was more oily than it has ever been before, think of applying olive oil on your face. It was THAT oily (all that sebum) and sebum triggers acne.

After this I did further research and I found that you're meant to keep carbohydrates to a minimum, so it was "low carbs, no dairy, no sugars". No wonder my face was dripping with sebem compared to all of my other acne-days in my life, it was all those carbohydrates I was eating!

It isn't conclusive evidence but there might very well be a link between the blackheads and MY diet. However I'm not sure if it will work for other people. I have just started my "low carbs, no dairy, no sugars" diet and yet to see results.

My acne has lasted about 3 years (from 14 to 17). I have countless black spots on my face. They are so tiny that you can only see them up close, but the problem is that they have a very high concentration, for example on my nose there are about 10-15 tiny little black heads per centimeters squared. Because of this my complexion seems to be darkening when I compare myself to old photos a few years back. (used to be a shade of light brown, now a shade of brown with red/orange undertones). Even the skin just under my eyes is perfectly clear and that patch of skin is light brown, then you look at my face/chin and think... ughh.

Recently I started to take notice of the blackheads more diligently and I decided to control my diet. First thing I saw online was "no dairy, no sugars", so what is there left to eat? Carbohydrates. So I stuffed myself with carbohydrates and voila, around evening time next day my face was more oily than it has ever been before, think of applying olive oil on your face. It was THAT oily (all that sebum) and sebum triggers acne.

After this I did further research and I found that you're meant to keep carbohydrates to a minimum, so it was "low carbs, no dairy, no sugars". No wonder my face was dripping with sebem compared to all of my other acne-days in my life, it was all those carbohydrates I was eating!

It isn't conclusive evidence but there might very well be a link between the blackheads and MY diet. However I'm not sure if it will work for other people. I have just started my "low carbs, no dairy, no sugars" diet and yet to see results.

Your on the right path, hope this helps you along http://www.centerforfoodallergies.com/acne.htm

I think most people with acne will find that their skin gets better by avoiding sugar. For me personally I found that my 'digestion' also affected my skin. So I added shredded wheat to my breakfast for the fibre and voila.