Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kate_1_1

What Worked For Me

I have had acne since I was 16. I am now 26. I have tried everything. Over the counter stuff and prescription. Over the counter stuff doesnt work. I have tried prescription too (Clyndoxyl) which worked but as soon as I stopped it my acne would come back. My skin was horrible for the past two months with several painful cystic pimples. It even hurt to smile and laugh. I went through the most horrible 2 months of my life. I would get like 5 - 10 new ugly nasty painful pimples every day. I went through such a horrible time. The only thing that saved me was Canesten Topical Antifungal Cream for athelete's foot. My skin got better in a week. It's been 2 weeks now and no new pimples. Now I only have the red marks left. I just wanted to share this with everyone. It really works. Im not sure what's gonna happen if I stop using it though.

Edited by Kate_1_1

I have had acne since I was 16. I am now 26. I have tried everything. Over the counter stuff and prescription. Over the counter stuff doesnt work. I have tried prescription too (Clyndoxyl) which worked but as soon as I stopped it my acne would come back. My skin was horrible for the past two months with several painful cystic pimples. It even hurt to smile and laugh. I went through the most horrible 2 months of my life. I would get like 5 - 10 new ugly nasty painful pimples every day. This was caused by makeup and CleanStart which I got from Sephora. I went through such a horrible time. The only thing that saved me was Canesten Topical Antifungal Cream for athelete's foot. My skin got better in a week. It's been 2 weeks now and no new pimples. Now I only have the red marks left. I just wanted to share this with everyone. It really works. Im not sure what's gonna happen if I stop using it though.

um not to burst your bubble here, but most people are looking for something that works longer than 2 weeks.

I was prescribed this for an infected toe blister, but wondered if it could also be used for acne for its anti bacterial properties.

Also hate to be a party pooper but I can clear my skin with most topicals for two weeks but would love to hear if this works for longer than six months?