Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
idontlikeacneverymuch

My Feelings About My Acne. Anyone Feel Similar?

I've had moderate/severe acne for most of highschool. I feel it has had a serious affect on my life and the choices I have made. I've never had the confidence to ask a girl out because of acne, in fact I have very few friends at all that are girls. I also have comparatively few friends in general to most people I know. I often don't go out to places like clubs etc with the friends I have because I don't like meeting new people with this much acne. I sometimes feel I'm letting my friends down and that I might lose them. If I didn't have acne I know my life would be so much better, I'm a decent looking guy otherwise and most girls I know are so superficial that looks are all that matter. Overall I feel I'm missing out on a lot life has to offer because of my lack of confidence due to acne. It seems really dramatic but I just want to know if anyone feels the same way or similarly.

i feel the same way. 19 yrs old, not even in college, still looking for a job. I go out depending on my skin.

i had the best life before acne came in the picture. girlfriends/parties.

if i would of never had acne. i would have 3 girlfriends right now.......in bed.......at the same time.

when i use to have acne, my mom use to ask me: how do you feel? and i would always answer, "about as good as i look". it is true, even now that i have clear skin, no red marks, no acne, i still answer the same way, its a hard part about dealing with acne, but once you get over it, nothing will stop you. you can still be cool and fun to hang around even if you ahve acne.

i feel the same way. 19 yrs old, not even in college, still looking for a job. I go out depending on my skin. i had the best life before acne came in the picture. girlfriends/parties. if i would of never had acne. i would have 3 girlfriends right now.......in bed.......at the same time.

you are fucking deluded if you think best life = girlfriends/parties.. don't post shit like that.. it's disrespectful in every sense of the word..

OP, it's a phase in life to think about such things... but it's good to start realizing that it doesn't matter in the long run.. did you watch The Social Network? that's how society fucks with your mind.. they just gotta put in those clubbing shit and all when it didn't actually happen..

relax. let me rephrase. MY LIFE WAS WAY BETTER WITHOUT ACNE. is that better for u?

when i use to have acne, my mom use to ask me: how do you feel? and i would always answer, "about as good as i look". it is true, even now that i have clear skin, no red marks, no acne, i still answer the same way, its a hard part about dealing with acne, but once you get over it, nothing will stop you. you can still be cool and fun to hang around even if you ahve acne.

depends how bad ur acne is

relax. let me rephrase. MY LIFE WAS WAY BETTER WITHOUT ACNE. is that better for u?

depends how bad ur acne is

no to me even a little acne even meant i wasnt 100% healthy, until i finally cured it i wasnt happy, even if it was only one or two pimples

Welcome OP! I know exactly how you feel :(. I'd suggest doing some hard research and trying out different treatments for your skin, improving things even a little can make you feel a whole lot better. I got sick of dealing with dermatologist BS because it never worked so I turned to this site's holistic forum and it helped. So if youve been through all the usual stuff ( BP creams, antibiotics and so forth) you can give a diet and lifestyle change a try! You already seem to recognize yourself as a good looking guy besides the acne and that is a huge factor in itself, many acne sufferers have so little self esteem they cant see anything good about themselves. And I have a feeling you already know that most girls are not superficial like that, they are very concerned with their personal beauty because it is important to them and it is possible that they believe most guys are superficial, which is also not the case :(. Anyway, try some good old self improvement, like trying acne treatments, working out and studying up on being social, especially with girls if thats your concern, there's a lot of material out there to help you, good luck!