Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Junnn

Why Does T-Zone (Super Oily) Has Less Breakout Than Cheeks/sides (Normal)?

As the title mentioned Why does T-zone (super oily) has less breakout than Cheeks/sides (normal)? Thought pimples are cause by excessive oiliness but why does my t-zone especially my nose not get any breakout except for some blackheads and the occasional zits but the cheeks which is normal, breakout frequently in both non inflamed and inflamed?

Any explanation to this?

Edited by Junnn

I'm the exact same way. And I agree that it is genetic. Some people break out only in the t-zone and the forehead, which are the most oily areas, but others, like us, don't. I'm sure it is genetic because my dad was the exact same as me as far as acne goes, and his skin cleared when he was in his early 20s and I'm now 21 and mine is going away more and more each month.

I am VERY oily on my nose and forehead, but I rarely get any acne on either of those places. Mine is all on the cheeks and jaw for the most part. Occasionally on my chin, but that is also rare for me.

Continue to cleanse those areas and moisturize so you can help your skin maintain balance and eventually reduce oil production. Also, if you don't breakout there, I'd suggest using minimal bp on those areas. The more you can reduce dryness from the regimen the better you will be able to control oil production there.

these are my personal thoughts, in some cases like ours, more oil in the T-zone are less breakouts because the hyperkeratization doesnt block pores that much. Also, ir you dont have the right shaving, are more probabilities to the pore to become infected which means pus.

Hmm, i din grow a beard or anything like that (17 now) but there are some strands of hair at the beard area not sure how to say but mayb it causes acne or something though for me its mainly around the cheeks area not the beard area