Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is for those of you, guys or girl, that has a friend (particularly of the of the oposite sex) that you have shown absolutely everything flaw to and they are there for you no matter what, never repulsed by you, and they make you feel normal.

Please share those stories here to give those of us without someone like that hope.

Thank you. :)

My sister is the only person who has never said a bad word about my skin. Every other family member has felt the need to make fun of me or give criticism dressed as "advice" at some point over the years.

She's always had good skin and I am glad she hasn't had to struggle with acne like I have. I guess it would have been easy for her to make fun of me and I've read plenty of stories here about how siblings have regularly said something nasty or negative. I feel lucky not to have experienced that.

There is a down side to this in that the reason my sister is the only person who falls into this category is because I've never had any supportive friends or a partner. That's partly because people decided to target me instead of being my friend, but it's also because it's years since I actually tried to make some friends and be brave enough to give people a chance.

But, I now know that I've got to be brave and put myself out there otherwise things will never change. Perhaps I'm not giving people enough credit in thinking that they might like me now that my skin is improving, but if that thought gives me a bit of confidence to go and try to make new friends then I guess it's a good thing. :)

im lucky, none of my close friends have ever made fun of me, they've supported me in every way and always tried their best to make me appreciate myself for deeper reasons than my skin. and they never ever quit on me; im thankful to have them in my life everyday and it makes me happier knowing i have them no matter what.

I'm not ask lucky to avoid harsh words and carless comments from my family and close acquaintances, but there is only one person in particular I have completely opened up to. He only brought it up after 2 years of friendship and ONLY for the reason that he KNEW couldn't be helped and didn't want to aggravate it anymore by getting me a scarf for winter. After that, it was on to the next conversation. When I brought it back up a few weeks later, there was an adorable clueless expression on his face that he was like "What do you mean?! I thought some people can't get rid of it!". It's the best thing to hear and one of the best feelings in the entire world, especially if you life has been "taken over" and "covered up" by painful acne more than anything else.

Edited by TreatAcne

My boyfriend, he tells me all the time that even I have bad skin he still loves me so much no matter what. He even tells me that my skin is much better now, unlike the day when he fall in love with me that I had a really bad case of acne. He tells me that if he's only after beautiful face there's many out there. So I love him so much for being so appreciative of me. And I have a good friend, (Andrea) that whenever I feel down like cursing my face because of these stupid acne scars and sometimes with bad breakout, she tells me that I'm beautiful and someday it will cure.

There is always someone who will appreciate us no matter how bad our acne case is, we just have to believe. ;)