Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Casis777

Natural Honey Vs The World

So I've had moderate to (sometimes) light acne for about a year and half (since May 2010). I've tried alot of products and just seems that all these pimples are getting worse with time. All the products I've piled on have never really done their jobs and have even made my skin alot worse.

So I decided to look through the reviews section to find the best thing out there besides accutane. Honey caught my eye... How well do you people suppose honey is compared to normal store products like Proactiv, Acnefree, Clean and Clear, etc? What about Benzol Peroxide or Salicylic Acid?

Anyways, here's what I'm using at the moment:

Vitamin E pills

Zinc Tablets

Proactiv 3-step Process

I've read great reviews on organic/natural honey masks applied overnight and am thinking of trying it. Should I just add it to my list or should I replace the Proactiv 3-step process?

By the way, I've read horrible reviews on Proactiv but, smeh, I've been using it for a week and half because I recall being clear at one point or another when I used it a year ago :P I'm desperate, I guess.

I do honey masks every night, but could never leave it on overnight! It's waaaaaaay too sticky.

I use Manuka honey (pretty pricey, but I'd use anything other than regular honey) with a couple drops of Tea Tree oil, Lemon Juice, or Apple Cider vinegar. I rub it all over, leave it on for as long as I can, rinse, pat dry, then apply Aloe Vera/Jojoba oil mix as a moisturizer.

I've never done Proactive, so I can't speak for that, but a Cleanse/Tone/Moisturize routine is very important.

i also use manuka honey and like it alot. i wash my face with a gentle cleanser, tone with lemon juice then apply manuka honey mask for about an hour, it works great for reducing size and redness overnight! i paid about 40 dollars for my manuka but i thinks its wayyy better than regular honey especially for killing bacteria.

So would you guys say that using honey has worked alot better than most commercial acne products? Should I use it alongside some other products or is having a honey mask overnight the only thing my face needs?

i guess it just depends what you are using. but if you are using too many products your face will probly start to get really dry and irritated. and if you have light acne i wouldnt worry about going crazy with different products such as BP. stick with the honey for a few weeks and see if it works for you, also find i good moisturizer to put on after you wash the honey mask off.