Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chloe646

Started b5 and b complex

yeah i caved in and thought, my skin is feeling greasy lately, more blackheads springing up..I am STRESSED as heck...aw stressed as HELL,

Anyway, some sites reccomend crazy high b5 doses i.e. 20 500 mg capsule PER DAY...what the F*ck? I don't have much in the way of acne breakouts anymore(knock on wood) except for some clogged pores and oiliness, plus my skin is looking and feeling more irritated lately, like rashy and blotchy and cheeks burn...

could these changes be due to outdoor allergies...i'm VERY allergic to ragweed and it's ragweed season so maybe that's why my face itches and my cheeks look ruddier.

I took 5 b5 pills and half a b complex 50 mg....today and yesterday...umm, I went overboard actually and took 10 b5 today.....

One more thing, I'm naturally very thin regardless of what i eat, enough so that gaining 5-7 pounds would be okay....since b5 helps fats to breakdown could it cause weight gain? just curious.

yeah i caved in and thought, my skin is feeling greasy lately, more blackheads springing up..I am STRESSED as heck...aw stressed as HELL,

Anyway, some sites reccomend crazy high b5 doses i.e. 20 500 mg capsule PER DAY...what the F*ck? I don't have much in the way of acne breakouts anymore(knock on wood) except for some clogged pores and oiliness, plus my skin is looking and feeling more irritated lately, like rashy and blotchy and cheeks burn...

could these changes be due to outdoor allergies...i'm VERY allergic to ragweed and it's ragweed season so maybe that's why my face itches and my cheeks look ruddier.

I took 5 b5 pills and half a b complex 50 mg....today and yesterday...umm, I went overboard actually and took 10 b5 today.....

One more thing, I'm naturally very thin regardless of what i eat, enough so that gaining 5-7 pounds would be okay....since b5 helps fats to breakdown could it cause weight gain? just curious.

Yean I agree, i think it's insanely high...I figure i'll just take a standard supplement in a mid rasnge dose from now on...plus I read on this board that b12 and b6 in high amounts can induce acne????

you're supposed to take 20, 500mg tablets of B5 p/day if you want it to work satisfactory. It's water soluble so there is no danger of an OD. i know it sounds crazy but try it and tell me if you see instant improvements.

you're supposed to take 20, 500mg tablets of B5 p/day if you want it to work satisfactory. It's water soluble so there is no danger of an OD. i know it sounds crazy but try it and tell me if you see instant improvements.

DONT DOUBT B5!!!!!! B5 cleared me up 95%. For the first 3 months, take 20 pills of 500mgs caps a day. After those 3 months reduce it to 18 caps, after ONE month 16caps, another month 14, untill you reach to 6caps a day which will be your maintanance phase. Make sure you take water soluable instead of Timed Release. Do not forget to take your B Complex. Theres no harm in trying it. If u dont see results within the end of the 1st month, then move on.

What people have difficulty in understanding here is the difference between B5 and any other medicine such as antibiotics.

B5 is a vitamin - so the body will be able to hold a much higher dosage than a medicine such as antibiotics. Since B5 is natural, it does not cause any known long term side effects or short term side effects. It is used to change something which the body does naturally do another method which the body can still do naturally.

During my course on antibiotics (unsuccessful by the way) I was told I could take up to 16 tablets a day. My GP said this is perfectly normal, and infact the reason why people are usually prescribed such a low dose is because there are many other things which could do wrong.

I say this with a word of caution. Just because someone has taken 16 antibiotics a day and had no major side effects does not mean everyone else will. I infact soon after came off my course of antibiotics because I felt it was too dangerous. I would strongly recommend against taking such high doses of any medication, however vitamins are not the same.

I have been using B5 for the past 2 months and have noticed a real improvement already. It really does work for some people, maybe not for others.

I REALLy want to try it...but am worried bigtime about the side effects and the implementation of taking that many pills.

On a side note...would this be ok to buy if i considered it?

Name: Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5) 1000 Vegaetarian Capsules

Manufacturer: Saver Packs

Pack Size: 1000 x 500mg veggie capsules

RSP: £79.95

Our Price: £59.95

Description: Choice of tablets at new lower price or capsules

Also i only need to take b5...nothing else right?.