Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daniel0202

Some Questions About Drinking Alcohol While On Accutane

Hello!

I have been on accutane around 2 weeks now. It's new year tomorrow, and i'm planning to drink.

What I was thinking was drinking like 4-6 beers. Is that too much? I think its 4.7% alcohol.

My doctor told me that I can drink beer and wine, but NOT liquor. And I asked him how much, and he told me as long as you don't drink two days in a row, you'll probably be fine.

And also - will I have a BAD breakout the day after? I'm not that aggresive in my face now like I was some days ago, and I really don't want it to be worse :(

What do you guys think? Will this ONE time be okay?

Regards,

Daniel :)

I drank twice while on accutane. The first time I was okay, but felt the effects way faster than usual, and got the spins which usually doesn't happen. The second time I had 3 drinks and threw up the entire night. I have never had a problem holding my alcohol so that's strange for me. I don't drink ever now, it breaks my skin out even though I'm not on accutane. Each time I drank while on accutane I broke out like crazy afterwards with cysts as well as whiteheads.