Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Now that 2011 is coming to an end I just want to hear everyone's responses , how was it for you overall ? Did acne affect you or not ?

For me this was the WORST year of my life , everything just everything . I don't want to go through another one of these again . Hopefully 2012 is better and I'm more happier :)

Well happy early new year to you all !:D

I can relate to that, Kaylei. In that case, I hope that 2012 is a good one for you. Here's wishing you all the best for a happy, health and successful year ahead. :)

This year's been the worst I've ever had and there were a lot of things I don't want to experience again, or at least not for a long time.

This time last year, I was employed and my main source of support (my grandfather) was still here. Fast-forward and I've since been fired and my grandfather passed away. Both were things I hadn't experienced before and the learning curve has been extremely steep indeed; never imagined I'd be diagnosed with depression and referred to see a therapist but I was. Kind of strange how things pan out sometimes...

As far as my skin is concerned, 2011 has been the year I began to learn loads of stuff about how to take care of my skin and about how what goes into my body influences what my skin does. It's taken me most of the year to get the hang of that but it's working and, right now, my skin is perfect. I have had some of the worst breakouts I've had in thirteen years as I tried various things in an attempt to find what works best for me, bu I'm pleased to say that (fingers crossed) I've found I it and couldn't be happier with the results. I wanted to try and get clear this year but didn't think it would actually happen. As an added bonus, in the twelve months I've been posting here regularly, I've got to know a lot of wonderful people and made some good friends. Really pleased to have found this place because it's helped me in so many ways and I don't think I can quite thank everyone enough for that.

From here, I need to work on the emotional damage thirteen years of acne has caused. My confidence and self esteem are shot to pieces in truth so I need to work on that. I'd also like to get myself out there and start making some friends, maybe even start dating for the first time ever. It's all kind of scary because I've hidden away for many years and denied myself all those friendships and all those experiences, but it's time to change that and it's time to be brave.

Whatever everyone's up to on new years eve, I hope you all have a great time and I wish you all a very happy new year! smile.png

Edited by PaulH85

Quite awful year for me also. I've been struggling a lot with health and personal issues including the never-ending battle with acne. Some good moments sure and I hope i've become stronger as I'm finally putting my shit together. Looing back last few years every other has been good 2008 & 2010 and every other bad 2009 & 2011, so 2012 should be better again. I'm gonna make it happen! rolleyes.gif

2011 was a terrible year for me :(

Ended a four year relationship, lost my job and to top it of ACNE took control and exploded all over my face. Overall I wasn't too happy with this year. I'm hoping for 2012 to be a better year for me :)

Probably the worst of my life so far, I'm glad its going to be over. I had never experienced such long bouts of unhappiness and anxiety before so it hit me harder than I thought anything like this would.

Acne contributed a large amount towards it being so bad but I did have seemingly endless issues that took a vast amount of time to sort out, the condition of my skin was the icing on the nasty cake really. Looking back I realise a lot of the past year could have been very different if I had changed the way I thought/acted, a lot of it seems like it was my fault for creating these problems in the first place, but thats hindsight I guess.

As for my skin, I was focused on the reassurance from my dad that my acne will clear up in 2012 at the same age his cleared up but I don't want to cling too tightly to this hope as it may never happen. If it does clear up, fantastic, if it doesn't, thats life - some years everything will be great, others it will be difficult, you just have to take it as it comes.

Now I'm determined to have a great 2012 to make sure it isn't as bad as 2011, in some ways I am glad I had this rough time and made it through because it made me a stronger and more mature person, not to mention it led me to the org (which has helped me a lot more than any medication ever can) biggrin.png

Happy new year to all of you, have a great year smile.png

Edited by MJRI94

Oh boy, 2011 was better than 2010 for sure. Well at least I learned new things about acne treating, such as

1. healthy diet and nutrition

2. I got SPiro treatment from my derm

Emotionally it was as tough as 2010, but lil bit better, because I got more mature. Unfortunately nothing exciting in my social and college life. I hope 2012 will bring more happiness and confidence to me and my family. smile.png Happy New year to all!

Edited by amy91

2011 was very up and down for me, started off really bad, got a little worse before summer, then only got better until where i am today, ending on a very happy and good note. not skin related, as i have been clear for 2 years now, but emotionally wise, i found out i had a slight gluten problem, so changing diet was stressful.

Edited by steven m jacobson

Wasn't the greatest. Definitely at an all time low when it comes to acne, and had my share of relationship issues. I guess I'm learning to be happy despite all the issues, and so far its working. I realized I should be happy that I'm alive and healthy (other than acne), have a job, and good network of friends.

2012 will be better, I know it, if the world doesn't end.

Well, skin-wise it was not too bad (ranged from mild acne - clear'ish). I got my first summer job (at age 20, yes I know, shocking). At Uni it was not a good year...let's just say I'm lucky to still be at Uni lol.

For 2011 I want to discover what exactly I want to do in the long run...only got 1 1/2 years of Uni left and still no idea.