Clear all

Big Stress Today

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 12/30/2011 2:02 pm

Me: Mid 30s

History: Had cystic and strong acne from 15 years old to recently

Back acne: Now clear!

Face acne: Now clear - last hurting and deep (but isolated) pimple started on Sunday 18, december and ended on Thursday 22, december. No new pimple started since 18 december. 2 weeks without a new pimple: My record since 15 years!

Regimen: No sugar, no gluten, no dairy.

Hi everyone!

I am writing you because I am a bit panicking. I am trying to keep my new clear face under control. I never had clear face since teenagehood, so I get worried at the possibility of a new pimple emerging.

I had a very stressful day today, with a very stressul 2 hours meeting in which I was heavily under pressure. Hopefully, this won't break out my face, as stress was one of my triggers.

Any ideas of what I could do to relax my body and avoid a cyst/deep pimple coming out in the morning?

I know it's stupid, but I am really trying to keep it all under control now that I went through the efforts of cutting on all my other triggers for 6 months, with positive results!

MemberMember
(@desertone)

Posted : 12/30/2011 2:13 pm

To relieve stress you could try progressive relaxation therapy. Ignore the fancy term. All it means it you sit in a comfortable spot and slowly tighten, hold, and then release muscles until you feel lower stress. The point of it kind of was to be able to do in in the bathroom stall at work, a car while in traffic.. places you need a quick fix. So say for your arms, you make fists and flex all your arm muscles, then hold, then release. Then other muscles groups...

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 12/30/2011 4:46 pm

I honestly believe that it's possible to tell the body to produce acne because our brain send signals. Any time I've been clear, the constant thought on my mind has been that it would break out again. Sure enough, it would happen, right on cue.

Right now, my face is totally clear and can kind of relate to your reservations. The way I see it, I have two choices: I can either be positive about maintaining my clear complexion or I can worry about whether it will break out again and actually cause myself extra stress in the process, which is probably what would indeed cause it to break out. Know what I mean?

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/10/2014 6:00 am

I honestly believe that it's possible to tell the body to produce acne because our brain send signals. Any time I've been clear, the constant thought on my mind has been that it would break out again. Sure enough, it would happen, right on cue.

Right now, my face is totally clear and can kind of relate to your reservations. The way I see it, I have two choices: I can either be positive about maintaining my clear complexion or I can worry about whether it will break out again and actually cause myself extra stress in the process, which is probably what would indeed cause it to break out. Know what I mean?

Good point. Maybe I should worry less....

MemberMember
(@robbinbanks)

Posted : 09/10/2014 1:12 pm

This is basically how I feel all the time. Once my acne clears or starts clearing I worry ( cause I know I will break out even worse) and thats what happens. Its stressful

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/10/2014 8:42 pm

This is basically how I feel all the time. Once my acne clears or starts clearing I worry ( cause I know I will break out even worse) and thats what happens. Its stressful

It is indeed. I have that feeling right now. Had achieved great skin. Had a pimple (or sort of boil). Popped it and worried. Now have 3 pimples instead of 1. And the biggesto one will linger for days....