Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scotty_G

Peel Question

How long after a chemical peel should one wait to use BP? In my case it is a salicylic peel which isn't as rough as the others w/ downtime etc... I'm sorry if this has been answered already but i couldn't find it.

BP and SA don't do well together. Having said that, as long as your skin isn't raw and/or painful to the touch, you could probably apply a little BP 4 or 5 days later without side effects. But the SA will clear your pores and so the BP won't be necessary for a while.

I'm glad this question was asked; I have a similar question and tried searching the forums to find the answer but also couldn't find it.

I am going to be doing a spot-peel (I suppose you could call it a "spot-test") on my face using 12.5% TCA that I got from makeupartistschoice.com, and I've never done a peel, ever before using anything. So my question is, how long before I do the peel should I stop using BP (if at all) and how long should I wait after the peel to resume using it? I'm on the regimen and it's been working very well, so I'm worried what will happen if I stop...but then, I don't want to mess up the peeling process either.

Thanks in advance for any replies... smile.gif

I wouldn't stop using the BP at all except for the day when you do the peel, and of course when you apply Aquafor or any other post-peel treatments. It would be awful to breakout on that fresh skin. It goes without saying that you would not use BP the day of a peel.