Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wmd1234

Question Regarding Packaging

Hi all,

I am currently taking Claravis; each pill is individually sealed with a pregnancy warning on each. I'd like to unseal each pill and place them together in a pill box at the beginning of the month until I am ready to take it. This shouldn't be a problem, right?

Go for it! The clavaris packaging is HORRIBLE!! Seriously the worst part of my accutane experience.. seriously. lol

Really, it will not harm it. I didn't do that because it helped me keep track of if I actually took the pill or not.. But if I had a better memory, I would have done the same thing.

I've been thinking a lot about the Claravis packaging, because it is kind of hilarious.

First, the pregnancy warnings are ridiculously extraneous. At some point, I'm going to count the number of warnings per square inch. I don't know if the packaging is the same outside the U.S.; it might make a bit more sense in countries that don't have this pedantic iPledge system.

Wording aside, you'll notice that (1) it's essentially a small box, and (2) only 10 pills/box are supplied. Both are measures to limit the potential that the pills will be exposed to any natural light. If they gave you a full 30-day supply, there's a chance you'd expose the whole supply to indirect light and essentially be out of meds for a month. Having 10 days at a time means, on average, you'll only accidentally destroy five days of meds.

I took all of my pills out of their boxes when I got them, but I keep the pills in a vial in an opaque bag in the back of a cupboard, and I only open the bag when it is dark outside. It is really important that you not expose the pills to light (especially UVA, which can come through windows). The similarity between isotretinoin and our own photoreceptors is why this stuff can affect our vision (and partly explains why it's so sensitive to light).

I actually got a mean paper cut this week on the tip of my finger pulling open one of the pill metal-paper tabs. There should be a warning for that. Maybe a big fingertip with an X through it.

I actually got a mean paper cut this week on the tip of my finger pulling open one of the pill metal-paper tabs. There should be a warning for that. Maybe a big fingertip with an X through it.

Good one! :D