Better Skin But Str...

Notifications
Clear all

Better Skin But Strong Weight Loss

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 12/28/2011 3:33 pm

To those who have not read my previous posts, I am a man in my mid 30s, and had strong cystic acne during all my teenage years. It stayed on and became adult acne. I still got cysts and bad skin up until last June, when I started posting on acne.org

Since that date, I have taken the matters in hand.

I have totally cut gluten, dairy (well lactose at least), and sugar.

The only time I went back on gluten (pasta), 3 cysts immediately came back;

The only sugar I allow myself is a low GI fruit in the morning.

I have also changed my washing regimen altogether.

No question that my face is much better now than it was back in June.

I still get the occasional pimple (or 10 days ago, a cyst still came out) but it is nothing compared to what I had. People actually tell me that I look better and fresher.

The only downside: A strong weight loss. That is also noticed by people.

If you cut gluten, dairy and sugar that's the biggest challenge. As a man, this gets a bit awkward. I do look a bit underweight.

Anyone has some advices of good foods that can be eaten with low risk for cystic acne and to gain weight again?

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 12/28/2011 4:44 pm

Low fat protein could help like chicken, steak, or fish. For the steak and chicken, try to get organic as well. In you may want to try weight lifting, you can add some muscle which will fill your body out more.

MemberMember
(@rachelx7)

Posted : 12/28/2011 6:06 pm

Can you eat nuts? They have protein and are high in fat.

MemberMember
(@sdr-wellnesscoach)

Posted : 12/28/2011 6:36 pm

To those who have not read my previous posts, I am a man in my mid 30s, and had strong cystic acne during all my teenage years. It stayed on and became adult acne. I still got cysts and bad skin up until last June, when I started posting on acne.org

Since that date, I have taken the matters in hand.

I have totally cut gluten, dairy (well lactose at least), and sugar.

The only time I went back on gluten (pasta), 3 cysts immediately came back;

The only sugar I allow myself is a low GI fruit in the morning.

I have also changed my washing regimen altogether.

No question that my face is much better now than it was back in June.

I still get the occasional pimple (or 10 days ago, a cyst still came out) but it is nothing compared to what I had. People actually tell me that I look better and fresher.

The only downside: A strong weight loss. That is also noticed by people.

If you cut gluten, dairy and sugar that's the biggest challenge. As a man, this gets a bit awkward. I do look a bit underweight.

Anyone has some advices of good foods that can be eaten with low risk for cystic acne and to gain weight again?

It sounds like you have a Gluten Sensitivity. Add Dairy & Sugar back into your allowed foods to expand your range (if your are Gluten Sensitive have no fear). Don't expect to gain lots of weight. Just healthy. You can also Google Gluten Free foods, you just have to try them to see IF they really are GF (not all GF are).

MemberMember
(@alwayshope)

Posted : 12/28/2011 9:49 pm

I am in the same boat as you. I lost 15% of my body weight and I was not over weight. I gained a few pounds over the holidays due to drinking a little beer and wine. So eat more and try nuts like macadamia.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 12/30/2011 3:50 am

Thanks for all the replies!

I might give nuts a try.

I am trying to stay away from dairy though. Don't want to take a chance.....

As for sugar, I keep it to fruits only. Organic fruit juice in the morning, and that's it.

Seems that anything I eat with too much sugar breaks me out totally.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/05/2014 2:13 am

Still have the same issue there. Clearing face but strong weight loss. Added dairy a few days back and I was thanked by 2 enormous pustules. Not sure if I have a bacteria resisting to everything or if I have an intolerance. But I am underweight for sure!