Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
travelzd

How Long Did Your Oral Antibiotic Take To Work?

I am taking doxy 100mg am and 100mg pm, it has been three weeks almost four and I just wondered how long it took others to see results and what dosage you take? I am getting discouraged :(

Well dont get discouraged just yet, 4 weeks is hardly anytime at all to determine if the antibiotic is effective or not. For me it took around 4-5 months to get clear, but my acne was on the severe side. I know it is tough to not get frustrated with acne, but stick to your regimen and hopefully you will start to see results soon.

I have been taking Tetraysal (lymecycline) for 3 weeks now and am starting to see a noticable improvement. I tried Doxy and it didnt work for me, so if it doesnt work for you by the time you go for ur next check up at the docs maybe see if you can try this antibiotic (if u havent already). But as everyone says, what works for one person may not work for the next.

im 4 weeks and see no improvment i think 2 months is enough to say it dosnt work right ?

Typically you should see results in 2-3 months if the medication is working correctly. But sometimes this depends on the individual, I did not see results until 4-5 months in and some people great improvement a few weeks in. I would say give it 3 months and if you are not satisified, then talk to your doc again.

thanks everyone for the feedback...I am still not seeing any improvement, but I had to drop it down to 100mg once a day due to an infection it caused so who knows.....?

I started Doxy last September and started noticing results about three weeks in. I had broken out so badly on my cheeks that it hurt to smile, and within about 2 or 3 weeks the acne wasn't even close to being gone but it no longer hurt and the swelling was pretty much gone.

I started Doxy last September and started noticing results about three weeks in. I had broken out so badly on my cheeks that it hurt to smile, and within about 2 or 3 weeks the acne wasn't even close to being gone but it no longer hurt and the swelling was pretty much gone.

thnx for the reply

last year I was taking dorx for nearly 3 1/2 months and I broke out the entire course. I didn't see any clearing until I stopped taking antibiotics, but I'm going to give it a try again.

thnx for the reply

No problem! I really hope it helps you. I see you got an infection from it...yikes...Towards the end of my course I had a really weird side effect, too, but it was because I was being really stupid and lazy and taking it with very little to no water. I took it about 2 or 3 times like that and ended up burning my esophagus. It healed itself within a week but still...jeez.

Everyone on Doxycycline: Take that crap with tons of water!!!