Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyga

What Happens If Someone Finds Out You Visit Acne.org?

Lol I seriously haven't a problem with anybody knowing I use this site... atall.

I rarely wear make-up because I don't like how even the slightest bit of foundation or powder makes me feel dirty/smothered etc so people always see me without it on lol I'll wear mascara, eyeliner when I absoloutely have to though but other than that... nothing. I'm not fond of how I look without make-up but to be honest it's just not my thing at the moment. I'm just trying to improve my skin. And if people don't like how I look without make-up then oh well, I guess that's something they'll have to get over, the people that really matter like me with or without.

kill the people, get big plastic tubs to put the people in, use sulfuric acid/hydrochloric to get rid of all evidence.

problem solved.

leave no traces behind.

acne.org is not an embarrassing site to be on. People know I have acne, I visit acne.org, I've told my mom I keep a log of my birth control pill progress on this site...even showed her....when I was a teen I was embarrassed to be on teen forum sites..but this site is just a self help thing

If they found out I visited the site? Whatever, everybody kind of knows I have acne, since... I have acne.

I they found my account? I would freak out.

I don't think I've ever posted so openly and honestly about my feelings, plus I've blogged about having an eating disorder, which I've never admitted to anybody. Added on to that, I'm a very private person, and I very rarely talk about my feelings, even to my close friends and family, so if they saw all my venting posts, I would be very uncomfortable.

Oh well. Nothing. My sister and my boyfriend saw and knew I was visiting this site and I am a member. I just told them I wanted to end my life (jk), I told them, I wanted to know more about acne and the scars, on how to treat them by just reading the posts and most of all, find a supportive community for me to continue to find solutions to ny skin problem. And maybe just maybe will be able to help somebody too by giving advice (though I'm not really a derma).

I think there's nothing wrong about being a member of our community at least we are trying to find solution. at least we are trying to fight our misery.

Edited by jkitty03

I don't mind either way. My boyfriend is from here so everyone in my family and close friends know of this place. It's not shameful, it's a great community! =)

This wins most entertaining thread hands down. If I was found out, I'd make a snarky comment about how I only joined the site because that person wasn't "there for me", then I would make them buy me a drink.

A few people said that it would be embarrassing because acne is embarrassing. Which made me think... Embarrassing things are usually things people don't know about. But acne is pretty easy to spot (British pun intended). It's also incredibly common. The word "acne" is pretty revolting though. We should start a revolution, and begin to refer to ourselves as "those-who-must-not-pop".

I wouldn't volunteer the information and I've hidden it as best as is conveniently possible, but I'd just fess up. So what? So I said some things about a condition that's bothered me. Everybody who's ever had acne has felt the urge to vent about it.

Tbh I wouldn't be found out...it's pretty much impossible to decipher who I really am *Luke I am your father* but seriously my friends or whoever should be a top detective if they could tell I was on this site...but if I was found out, I'd freak definitely.

I see nothing wrong with being here. My room mate uses my computer because his blew up so I'm sure if he's typed anything beginning with "a" in it, he's seen the site.

Just came across this...this actually happned to me (well in reverse--I found a relative of mine on here).

I knew she had acne but, you dont really think of these things about other people you focus on yourself. I joined this a few weeks ago, and in reading certain posts/comments I found my cousins photo, and her real first name. I was a little shocked, as I dont think her acne is that bad(but neither is mine). I was also kind of happy because, I thought I was the only one I 'know" to be this obsessed with skin. She doesnt live here in the states at the moment.

Once I realised it was her, I promised myself I would NEVER bring it up in conversation, she would probably feel bad. Since I have no intention of posting photos on here she will not recognise me. I like being anonymous. Funny thing is we look a lot alike.

The whole thing is very ironic because both of us in real life never mention acne or how bad it affects us. I never knew how she felt until I read her posts.

Don't think I'd be that bothered to be honest, I mean what's the worse that could happen if someone I know found me on here? Probably be a bit embarrassing (lol) but then again, if they found me on here, that means they browse this site too! So we'd both be embarrassed and a little shocked too.

Im proud to visit this site, ad have told friends about it. The skin beautician I go to knows about the site and Ive suggested her to viit here too....we are all human and no one is perfect thus we all get acne at some point in our lives.

I really do love this site. Love coming here to ask questions and get advice or support but I also love being able to do the same for other people here. I also love the review section of this site.

But despite this I don't tell anyone that I use it. I know I would be embarrassed if a friend found out I use this. Maybe because they would find out that I am insecure about my skin because I guess I don't show it too much 'in real life' apart from at home. I don't know... it's a bit ridiculous hey...

I generally don't talk about my acne or how bad it makes me feel but when I do it's with my mum but it's awkward and she finds it hard to understand why it affects me the way it does...

I guess it's probably because I am insecure about it or ashamed or something like that... would be why I haven't got to uploading photos of myself -either to monitor progress or even just for the profile photo...

I'm trying to work on confidence and self-esteem - slowly but hopefully it's going somewhere.

I really do love this site. Love coming here to ask questions and get advice or support but I also love being able to do the same for other people here. I also love the review section of this site.

But despite this I don't tell anyone that I use it. I know I would be embarrassed if a friend found out I use this. Maybe because they would find out that I am insecure about my skin because I guess I don't show it too much 'in real life' apart from at home. I don't know... it's a bit ridiculous hey...

I generally don't talk about my acne or how bad it makes me feel but when I do it's with my mum but it's awkward and she finds it hard to understand why it affects me the way it does...

I guess it's probably because I am insecure about it or ashamed or something like that... would be why I haven't got to uploading photos of myself -either to monitor progress or even just for the profile photo...

I'm trying to work on confidence and self-esteem - slowly but hopefully it's going somewhere.

Its not so much the fact that we visit this site its the personal information such as what we are feeling and our trite details fo acne-killing, like how our faces are peeling from such and such and how we have to sleep with dots of sulfer mask on our nose.. Most people wouldnt mind if someone knows we visit this site but as most of you have said, if they read OUR peronal posts. NO photos for me! haha

Here is what happened to me when my boyfriend noticed I visited this forum. He flipped out at me, started using my acne as a way to hurt my feelings (I talked about it sometimes and how much it was effecting me) big mistake. He used my acne against me, started playing connect the dots on my face. It was humiliating. He said all I cared about was my skin. I had to break up with him. I haven't talked to him since. I am heartbroken, but if he truly did care about me which he did not, he would not hit me where it hurt the most.

Edited by LillyMay77

Its not so much the fact that we visit this site its the personal information such as what we are feeling and our trite details fo acne-killing, like how our faces are peeling from such and such and how we have to sleep with dots of sulfer mask on our nose.. Most people wouldnt mind if someone knows we visit this site but as most of you have said, if they read OUR peronal posts. NO photos for me! haha

I agree - a big part of it is how personal these posts can be. Definitely.

Here is what happened to me when my boyfriend noticed I visited this forum. He flipped out at me, started using my acne as a way to hurt my feelings (I talked about it sometimes and how much it was effecting me) big mistake. He used my acne against me, started playing connect the dots on my face. It was humiliating. He said all I cared about was my skin. I had to break up with him. I haven't talked to him since. I am heartbroken, but if he truly did care about me which he did not, he would not hit me where it hurt the most.

That's really horrible. I'm sorry that happened.

It's really hard when anyone teases you etc about acne and how it makes you feel - would be even harder in a relationship, coming from someone you love.

I've coped a bit of that sort of thing from my brother, even though I know he was joking, it hurt - but now he's going through a bit of acne and can understand what it's like.

The worst came from a girl and a teacher in high school. They made some joke they and the class found hilarious. I was humiliated and avoided that teacher (who ended up being fired for other reasons) and that girl all through high school as much as I could. But all I could do then was just pretend I was fine with it...

So actually - If that girl in particular ever found out about me using this site... that would probably be worst for me...

I feel ok today. Im living with my aunt in NYC and my cousin just got home from college and is going to be living here for the next 3 months. It will be nice to him around. Yet im still self concious about my skin. Like ive said, I dont have ANY acne. 0 pimples. I just have these other skin conditions that make my face and nose area really red. I would almost rather have acne knowing there is a cure. What i have cant be cured, only controlled. Fuck! I just want my life back to the way it was 3 months ago when I had 0 skin issues!!!!!! Its amazing how 1 turn of events can change your entire life. Im starting with coconut oil internally and externally on my face to help with my issues, so im hoping that makes a difference. I also go back to the derm in 2 weeks for a follow up. I wish there was a laser or a pill or a magic cream that could go on my face and cure and get rid of all the redness that im going through!!!!

I feel ok today. Im living with my aunt in NYC and my cousin just got home from college and is going to be living here for the next 3 months. It will be nice to him around. Yet im still self concious about my skin. Like ive said, I dont have ANY acne. 0 pimples. I just have these other skin conditions that make my face and nose area really red. I would almost rather have acne knowing there is a cure. What i have cant be cured, only controlled. Fuck! I just want my life back to the way it was 3 months ago when I had 0 skin issues!!!!!! Its amazing how 1 turn of events can change your entire life. Im starting with coconut oil internally and externally on my face to help with my issues, so im hoping that makes a difference. I also go back to the derm in 2 weeks for a follow up. I wish there was a laser or a pill or a magic cream that could go on my face and cure and get rid of all the redness that im going through!!!!

do you have rosacea?

I wouldnt say there is a cure for acne hon, if that were the case nobody would be on this site!