Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I also forgot to mention that I feel for guys it's more easier for them to have acne and be confident . Guys don't look bad with acne and girls , well in my opinion look worse . Girls are usually looked as a very feminine way with cute clothes / nice porcelain skin / makeup ect . So I feel guys don't like girls with acne , it's hard to find a guy that's not shallow and yeah there's many shallow girls but sometimes I see girls with beautiful skin that are with guys with noticeable acne . If I didnt have acne I wouldn't have liked a guy with porcelain skin , because I don't like when guys look perfect , it intimidates me because they usually are vain and care about their looks too much . Like i said before i NEVER noticed acne on anyone before i had it which was around 2/3 years ago . But I remember looking back in middle school there was this guy and he had moderate/severe acne . All over his face , not extremely but to the point where his face looked pink . He was pretty popular , and acted confident and had gf's (I know this because my school was small so everyone knew each other) so that shows many found him attractive , though he was cocky , well I didn't know much about acne but honestly I just saw him as another normal person . My dad has had pitted scars his entire life (well since he was married) and I NEVER noticed them in depthuntil a while ago because I didn't know he suffered with bad acne . I don't have those but I never judged him or told him what were those tjings on his face when I was smaller , I've always seen him as my dad :) a normal dad . After I got acne , even at the beginning I didn't care but I still don't . My acne is worse than when I started (with very mild) but I still think guys look attractive with acne or no acne .Acne just looks better in guys , trust me .

Edited by Kaylei

Hi, I have a question for the women of Acne.org. Is acne and PIH/scars a huge factor in socializing with men? If so, what's your general attitude towards guys with moderate - severe acne. Do you shun them off, do you try to minimize the duration of the conversation or do you act as if its just another random guy. In a situation where you see a guy with acne, PIH and scars do you continuously stare at his face, how do you react? I'm asking this because, I'm a guy suffering with mild acne, nothing too bad but very noticeable scars and PIH. I've been noticing that my face has been getting somewhat better for example PIH marks have been fading also noticing an influx of girls looking at me. I would like to think that girls are looking at me because I'm cute but that's simply not the case.Today, I walked by a guy with acne and had noticeable scars and he gave me a stare, so in my head I was like, "he's definitely looking at my acne' but generally guys don't really stare at me. Later that day I was in the restaurant with a couple of my fwends and a girl kept looking at me whenever I got up to go to the washroom. So it's either she thinks I'm cute or I have such terrible acne and PIH that she feels the continuous need to look at my face whenever I get up. I'm really confused :s

i perfectly understand what you're saying. whenever someone looks at me, first thought is omg they think i'm ugly ^^

i don't mind guys with acne/ scars because i know what it's like. i never stare, i never avoid ppl with acne. when i have bad breakouts i even wish my bf had acne, so he wouldn't jugde me or whatever (which he doesn't). once i talked to my mom and i started crying because i have some scars from chicken pocks and acne on my forehead and she was like "you know what, i never noticed until you told me abt it now..." and when i think abt it, many guys tell me i'm pretty, i get hit on a lot and i really don't get it, becaues all i see is my acne. i guess what i'm saying is think positively - in most cases people probably look at you for some other reason, maybe even a positive one. and just because you notice things when staring at it in the mirror and scrutinizing every photograph of yourself to check for your flaws, doesn't mean others do. they got their own problems, maybe trying to hide their thinning hair and when looking at you not looking at your acne but only at your hair, trying to see if you have the same problem. a friend of mine kept telling me how great my legs were and how jealous she was and how lucky i was. and until then i had never even really looked at my legs.

summing up: don't worry.

Hi, I have a question for the women of Acne.org. Is acne and PIH/scars a huge factor in socializing with men? If so, what's your general attitude towards guys with moderate - severe acne. Do you shun them off, do you try to minimize the duration of the conversation or do you act as if its just another random guy. In a situation where you see a guy with acne, PIH and scars do you continuously stare at his face, how do you react? I'm asking this because, I'm a guy suffering with mild acne, nothing too bad but very noticeable scars and PIH. I've been noticing that my face has been getting somewhat better for example PIH marks have been fading also noticing an influx of girls looking at me. I would like to think that girls are looking at me because I'm cute but that's simply not the case.Today, I walked by a guy with acne and had noticeable scars and he gave me a stare, so in my head I was like, "he's definitely looking at my acne' but generally guys don't really stare at me. Later that day I was in the restaurant with a couple of my fwends and a girl kept looking at me whenever I got up to go to the washroom. So it's either she thinks I'm cute or I have such terrible acne and PIH that she feels the continuous need to look at my face whenever I get up. I'm really confused :s
i perfectly understand what you're saying. whenever someone looks at me, first thought is omg they think i'm ugly ^^ i don't mind guys with acne/ scars because i know what it's like. i never stare, i never avoid ppl with acne. when i have bad breakouts i even wish my bf had acne, so he wouldn't jugde me or whatever (which he doesn't). once i talked to my mom and i started crying because i have some scars from chicken pocks and acne on my forehead and she was like "you know what, i never noticed until you told me abt it now..." and when i think abt it, many guys tell me i'm pretty, i get hit on a lot and i really don't get it, becaues all i see is my acne. i guess what i'm saying is think positively - in most cases people probably look at you for some other reason, maybe even a positive one. and just because you notice things when staring at it in the mirror and scrutinizing every photograph of yourself to check for your flaws, doesn't mean others do. they got their own problems, maybe trying to hide their thinning hair and when looking at you not looking at your acne but only at your hair, trying to see if you have the same problem. a friend of mine kept telling me how great my legs were and how jealous she was and how lucky i was. and until then i had never even really looked at my legs. summing up: don't worry.

summing up: just bragging.

I also forgot to mention that I feel for guys it's more easier for them to have acne and be confident . Guys don't look bad with acne and girls , well in my opinion look worse . Girls are usually looked as a very feminine way with cute clothes / nice porcelain skin / makeup ect . So I feel guys don't like girls with acne , it's hard to find a guy that's not shallow and yeah there's many shallow girls but sometimes I see girls with beautiful skin that are with guys with noticeable acne . If I didnt have acne I wouldn't have liked a guy with porcelain skin , because I don't like when guys look perfect , it intimidates me because they usually are vain and care about their looks too much . Like i said before i NEVER noticed acne on anyone before i had it which was around 2/3 years ago . But I remember looking back in middle school there was this guy and he had moderate/severe acne . All over his face , not extremely but to the point where his face looked pink . He was pretty popular , and acted confident and had gf's (I know this because my school was small so everyone knew each other) so that shows many found him attractive , though he was cocky , well I didn't know much about acne but honestly I just saw him as another normal person . My dad has had pitted scars his entire life (well since he was married) and I NEVER noticed them in depthuntil a while ago because I didn't know he suffered with bad acne . I don't have those but I never judged him or told him what were those tjings on his face when I was smaller , I've always seen him as my dad :) a normal dad . After I got acne , even at the beginning I didn't care but I still don't . My acne is worse than when I started (with very mild) but I still think guys look attractive with acne or no acne .Acne just looks better in guys , trust me .

stop bringing in the "girls are usually looked this way or that way". there's make-up for a reason. acne makes you look unhealthy and nobody wants to look unhealthy. you wanna know how the world usually look at people? who gives a fuck if a fat and ugly guy/girl has acne or not? that's how it is.

I relate a lot with this post too! Im confused EVERYDAY if people (especially girls) are staring at me because of my severe acne and some scarring/pigmentation.. but it doesn't end here. I also have a birthmark right in the middle of my nose, it's pink and pretty big in size you could say. And you have to add that some friends and other girls have told im a cute guy before, so i hope you imagine how invaded my mind gets with all these thoughtss :s Punches your confidence right on its balls :(

If you would ask a guy/girl that doesn't have acne this question, he/she would probably say someone with acne isn't attractive because that's just how mean and cruel people are! I mean maybe not all people would say that, but I know most of them would.

If someone cares about my acne, then would I really want to potentially spend the rest of my life with them? I think not. I sort of use it as a filter.

The truth is everyone around me always seems to have clear skin.so.......neutral.gif

But we all understand each other here. Whenever someone/people look at me i'm confused aswell as to what they're looking at. Am I extra disgusting today or did I put just the right amount of foundation and look decent :lol:

Edited by beautifuldoll
i perfectly understand what you're saying. whenever someone looks at me, first thought is omg they think i'm ugly ^^ i don't mind guys with acne/ scars because i know what it's like. i never stare, i never avoid ppl with acne. when i have bad breakouts i even wish my bf had acne, so he wouldn't jugde me or whatever (which he doesn't). once i talked to my mom and i started crying because i have some scars from chicken pocks and acne on my forehead and she was like "you know what, i never noticed until you told me abt it now..." and when i think abt it, many guys tell me i'm pretty, i get hit on a lot and i really don't get it, becaues all i see is my acne. i guess what i'm saying is think positively - in most cases people probably look at you for some other reason, maybe even a positive one. and just because you notice things when staring at it in the mirror and scrutinizing every photograph of yourself to check for your flaws, doesn't mean others do. they got their own problems, maybe trying to hide their thinning hair and when looking at you not looking at your acne but only at your hair, trying to see if you have the same problem. a friend of mine kept telling me how great my legs were and how jealous she was and how lucky i was. and until then i had never even really looked at my legs. summing up: don't worry.

I also forgot to mention that I feel for guys it's more easier for them to have acne and be confident . Guys don't look bad with acne and girls , well in my opinion look worse . Girls are usually looked as a very feminine way with cute clothes / nice porcelain skin / makeup ect . So I feel guys don't like girls with acne , it's hard to find a guy that's not shallow and yeah there's many shallow girls but sometimes I see girls with beautiful skin that are with guys with noticeable acne . If I didnt have acne I wouldn't have liked a guy with porcelain skin , because I don't like when guys look perfect , it intimidates me because they usually are vain and care about their looks too much . Like i said before i NEVER noticed acne on anyone before i had it which was around 2/3 years ago . But I remember looking back in middle school there was this guy and he had moderate/severe acne . All over his face , not extremely but to the point where his face looked pink . He was pretty popular , and acted confident and had gf's (I know this because my school was small so everyone knew each other) so that shows many found him attractive , though he was cocky , well I didn't know much about acne but honestly I just saw him as another normal person . My dad has had pitted scars his entire life (well since he was married) and I NEVER noticed them in depthuntil a while ago because I didn't know he suffered with bad acne . I don't have those but I never judged him or told him what were those tjings on his face when I was smaller , I've always seen him as my dad smile.png a normal dad . After I got acne , even at the beginning I didn't care but I still don't . My acne is worse than when I started (with very mild) but I still think guys look attractive with acne or no acne .Acne just looks better in guys , trust me .

stop bringing in the "girls are usually looked this way or that way". there's make-up for a reason. acne makes you look unhealthy and nobody wants to look unhealthy. you wanna know how the world usually look at people? who gives a fuck if a fat and ugly guy/girl has acne or not? that's how it is.

dang calm your tits down ..

If you would ask a guy/girl that doesn't have acne this question, he/she would probably say someone with acne isn't attractive because that's just how mean and cruel people are! I mean maybe not all people would say that, but I know most of them would.

na, that's not how it works. you're getting a lil bit deluded here. acne doesn't make someone unattractive. acne makes you self-conscious and everybody wants to look well-groomed. go walk around the mall, yeah lots of clear skin whatsoever but how many of them are pretty?

I see girls with beautiful skin

Just to point out, hot girls wear make up. You don't know what's going on under that HD Foundation, Powder and Translucent veil which makes makeup last all day. We notice more guys with acne because they don't tend to slather cover up on their skin. I mean can any of you even recall seeing a lot of girls with really bad skin in public who didn't have her hair tied up in a bun and bifocals in the library? I on the other hand have seen a lot of fashionable pretty girls with full faces of MAC makeup, but you do see a kind of bumpy texture under that foundation...You don't know if a girl is clear or not until she washes her face at the end of the night..

Also, wear a push up bra and a V neck and it'll compensate for a cyst or two on your face. Guys aren't picky like women are, you have pretty hair, nice eyes, and curves and in their eyes you're a bombshell. lol

Edited by Casablancaa

I'm inclined to agree with Kaylei and Kara in the sense that I do think a lot of people find it easier to sum a person up as "ugly" if they have acne. I feel that unless they take time to look beyond it, their first impression is a negative one and the snap-decision they make is I'll-informed.

I would guess that, in theory, it is easier for girls to try and cover their acne. But it's essentially a crutch and the acne is still there so the insecurities and all will remain. Plus there's potentially a worry that makeup can add to the problem so, even if it might make masking the problem easier, I don't think it makes it any easier to handle.

In both those instances - whether the acne is visible on a guy or masked by makeup on a girl - those first impressions people have and those decisions they made are influenced quite a lot by how we present ourselves and whether we display confidence.

Personally, I know that I spent more time drawing attention to my skin by being insecure and not displaying any signs of confidence. It seems like the more you try to hide it, the more you inadvertently draw attention to it, so it's better to learn to try and just go with the flow.

:)

I also forgot to mention that I feel for guys it's more easier for them to have acne and be confident . Guys don't look bad with acne and girls , well in my opinion look worse . Girls are usually looked as a very feminine way with cute clothes / nice porcelain skin / makeup ect . So I feel guys don't like girls with acne , it's hard to find a guy that's not shallow and yeah there's many shallow girls but sometimes I see girls with beautiful skin that are with guys with noticeable acne . If I didnt have acne I wouldn't have liked a guy with porcelain skin , because I don't like when guys look perfect , it intimidates me because they usually are vain and care about their looks too much . Like i said before i NEVER noticed acne on anyone before i had it which was around 2/3 years ago . But I remember looking back in middle school there was this guy and he had moderate/severe acne . All over his face , not extremely but to the point where his face looked pink . He was pretty popular , and acted confident and had gf's (I know this because my school was small so everyone knew each other) so that shows many found him attractive , though he was cocky , well I didn't know much about acne but honestly I just saw him as another normal person . My dad has had pitted scars his entire life (well since he was married) and I NEVER noticed them in depthuntil a while ago because I didn't know he suffered with bad acne . I don't have those but I never judged him or told him what were those tjings on his face when I was smaller , I've always seen him as my dad smile.png a normal dad . After I got acne , even at the beginning I didn't care but I still don't . My acne is worse than when I started (with very mild) but I still think guys look attractive with acne or no acne .Acne just looks better in guys , trust me .

wow who peed in your soup?

i don't know where you got the bragging from, i was just trying to help.

also it's a great idea to tell people with an acne problem that they look unhealthy and don't wanna be looked at. this is definitely not everyone's opinion, no matter if you suffer from acne or not. of course this opinion exists, but honestly, if you think that way then just don't look at me.

Looking at men with acne does not effect any kind of thought or emotion I have towards them in any way and is not relevant to who they are or what they do. I don't know if I sound horrible saying this, but I just don't care what other people look like. Acne is a weird exception (like eczema on the skin) that is understandably painful and open to infection that it's usually acknowledge with pity, but then dismissed as a "skin issue" or "phase" and nothing more... usually in a few minutes of thought or less. Any other acknowledgement to a guys acne to me isn't even important enough to look at. To me, a man isn't "cute" unless he's purposely behaving and joking around that way (and I have no idea how to explain that, lol). Acne scarring is noticeable as part of their features, but once again is simply not relevant enough to who they are.

My first reaction several years ago to MY acne was no big deal, bit when it never went away I did embarrassingly enough became devastated by it. Although I knew this was nothing to react to, there was sort of a soft voice in the back of my head saying that a woman should never have any face/skin problems of any kind. It should have been prevented and if it goes on longer than few weeks you are irresponsible since 'all women do is take care of their skin'. This couldn't be further from the truth in my case, but this 'voice' everyone was hearing (through several shared public discussions I've had) was also aimed towards men of all ages, only it was a slightly different approach. Acne in general was usually dismissed, but acne scars made men look as though they should be less confident about themselves, which is not true in any way either. I'm not sure why these thoughts invaded society in the ways it did, but I think it happens when people compare themselves to that they see on Tv or in the papers. Personally, my community and I do not consider men's facial scars or other scars as a problem, but a weird kind of acceptance and even expectance towards them. BUT if a WOMAN has as many facial scars, the thoughts are slightly altered.

I think we all have a general idea of what others are thinking about both genders, but is never spoken aloud. Interestingly enough, it was probably never spoken aloud earlier, only hinted "in-between the lines" of every day casual living. Still, I personally wouldn't pay more than a second's attention to a man's acne scars that way and never will. I also know dozens of other women who don't do this and is never brought up in any kind of conversation whatsoever. Those who DO bring it up are usually ignored by me and I'm sure others ignore them the same. Also, this girl and that other guy could have easily been looking at something else, and your acne just so happened to be on your mind at the moment. Not sure, but if they were, try to ignore them or very casually approach them and ask what they are thinking about or something. It's not polite to stare at anyone in that way and I'm sure you'll find the answer by eventually asking them. Maybe that other guy was thankful? XD

Cmon OP that girl was totally into to you! Think about it, does anyone actually stare at someone thinking about how unattractive they are?? No way! Why stare at someone you think is unnactractive? It just doesn't make sense, and most people have enough tact to not just stare and gawk at someone who has a severe skin problem...And the fact that you notice them noticing you says something too, a girl could so easily and discretely check you out you'd never realize, but because they let you notice them means they wanted you to know that they were into you, you get me?? The verdict: the girls are into you OP.

na, that's not how it works. you're getting a lil bit deluded here. acne doesn't make someone unattractive. acne makes you self-conscious and everybody wants to look well-groomed. go walk around the mall, yeah lots of clear skin whatsoever but how many of them are pretty?

i guess you're right. but i kind of got this thought in my mind that if they have pretty skin, that automatically makes them pretty :/ but thats just my thoughts, u guys probably think differently than me.

i guess you're right. but i kind of got this thought in my mind that if they have pretty skin, that automatically makes them pretty :/ but thats just my thoughts, u guys probably think differently than me.

Lately I've been looking at people, especially strangers. Really looking at them, studying their faces. Here's what I've learned: acne is way more common than I thought, a lot of people in my city have oddly shaped heads, and most people with perfect skin are not potential super models. Most of them are really quite average looking, at best. It feels weird being so critical of strangers passing me on the street. But it's sort of interesting to analyze them as coldly as I do myself. Try it, you might be surprised what you find.

Scars aren't bad. Inflamed pimples look unattractive....scars are just...whatever. So don't worry about it.

Take it from me, I am very picky when it comes to guy's skin.

Scars aren't bad. Inflamed pimples look unattractive....scars are just...whatever. So don't worry about it.

Take it from me, I am very picky when it comes to guy's skin.

you've given me hope

OP reporting in. Thanks for the response guys, it somewhat has boosted my confidence! But I don't know, you see everything something positive happens, there is always something that counteracts it, well for me. I was hosting this hotel party for new years eve, so I dressed up a little bit and one of the girls was like "OMG YOUR SOO CUTTE" numerous times. This boosted my morale by like 5 points so throughout the party I had my head up high and talking like I had no PIH/scars (felt great) but later that night, I mean the morning of I went for breakfast with several of my friends. We were conversing when something they said prompted me to ask them something. The conversation deepened to the point where one of the girls criticized me. She basically said, that I needed a haircut, to trim my eyebrows and needed a little cover up. This devastated me but this was coming from a very critical person. But ya, #mylife

I've gotten over it but damn, at that moment when she said that, it felt like my balls were stepped on with rugby cleats.

OP reporting in. Thanks for the response guys, it somewhat has boosted my confidence! But I don't know, you see everything something positive happens, there is always something that counteracts it, well for me. I was hosting this hotel party for new years eve, so I dressed up a little bit and one of the girls was like "OMG YOUR SOO CUTTE" numerous times. This boosted my morale by like 5 points so throughout the party I had my head up high and talking like I had no PIH/scars (felt great) but later that night, I mean the morning of I went for breakfast with several of my friends. We were conversing when something they said prompted me to ask them something. The conversation deepened to the point where one of the girls criticized me. She basically said, that I needed a haircut, to trim my eyebrows and needed a little cover up. This devastated me but this was coming from a very critical person. But ya, #mylife

I've gotten over it but damn, at that moment when she said that, it felt like my balls were stepped on with rugby cleats.

It sounds like she was looking for things to pick at. You could do that to anyone. (I also need a haircut, need to get my color done and I could use a mani/pedi too.) I say fuck that girl. And the one saying how cute you are? I hope you got her number.

Well she's a very critical person, I recalled her saying, "Only if you were taller...." that night, there was more to it but I had a wee bit too much alcohol in my system :P Anyways, I had the number of the girl previously lol so nothing special.

If you say you have severe acne then I think that girl would have to have been staring at your skin...Because it's human nature to want to look at something unusual, and severe acne is not very common. She's probably wondering a lot of thoughts about you and feeling pity for you. I am not trying to be mean but, it is just human nature. I once saw a lady with lupus or something on her face and I couldn't help but to stare at her.

But in a relationship, girls don't really care at all how you look. It's just the personality that attracts women. You can be hairy, rugged, have scars all over your face, and sever acne, you can have an eyepatch and twitch every minute and still be attractive to a girl if your personality is confident and strong/outgoing. But, if a girl has slightly crooked nose, guys won't want anything to do with her....they just say "pass! I want someone who looks like a photoshoped picture of tyra banks everytime she wakes up. If her elbows are too pointy I will have to break up with her."

This message might piss some people off but, I am really angry inside if you cannot tell already.