Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok i am 22 and new to the boards here...and new to acne. I have had clear skin my whole life until i started shaving daily, about 6 months ago. Under my jaw line, right where the jaw opens and closes the "hinge" i guess, anyway just on the right side i have 4 really hard bumps under the skin. They have been there for about 2 months now....at first they were just there. No pain, no redness. Now they are red, inflamed, swollen and hurt like hell....worst of all you can see them a mile away..i can feel my pulse from them throbbing. I have a high tolerance for pain....but this is getting old. I thought about squeezing them but they are so big and so red i dont want to have a scar from them.

Is there anyway i can make them go away?.....i am on month 2 of the regimen and my face look fine everywhere else.....but these few hard bumps are killing me.

Those I believe are cysts. Avoid touching them at all costs because you dont' want them to end up leaving red marks/scars.

so does this mean ull likely have severe cystic acne in the future or what? Or is it just the cyst that comes here and there?

Also id like to know how cystic acne began with a lot of u guys, like if it started gradually over the years or like one day ur normal and the next week u got cysts everywhere...

thanks in advance

Falleninflames,

I would def. go see a doctor and tell him/her exactly what you posted, (that you just started shaving) if its hard,red,swollen and hurts like hell also if its warm to the touch, it might be a very infected hair bump that probably has to be drained.

My husband is a bodybuilder so he has to shave pretty much everything, well he had one on his cheek (the one you sit on) it was exactly as you described,we were told it is very common with men and associated with shaving, it happens, go get it looked at. in the mean time i would put warm compresses( warm washcloth, as warm as your hand can stand) on it and take some tylenols. Good luck.