Notifications
Clear all

Red Marks

MemberMember
(@loz)

Posted : 09/14/2004 12:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been on the BCP for the past two months, but I find - as I did before I went on it - that where my acne heals, there are often unsightly red marks left, which look horrible. Apart from make-up, which I really want to stop wearing altogether, is there anything that can be done to fade these marks? Has anyone used a facial tanning lamp, and does it work? Any other suggestions?

Thanks smile.gif

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/14/2004 2:25 pm

Time.

MemberMember
(@uno)

Posted : 10/05/2004 8:32 pm

My derm suggested that i use a heating pad everyday for 30 minutes. He said that if you dont get those horrible red marks away qquick that they will form into scars. try it, it may help.

MemberMember
(@joel)

Posted : 10/05/2004 9:01 pm

My derm suggested that i use a heating pad everyday for 30 minutes. He said that if you dont get those horrible red marks away qquick that they will form into scars. try it, it may help.

MemberMember
(@15yr-old)

Posted : 10/05/2004 9:26 pm

Ive had some of my red marks for yrs

MemberMember
(@joel)

Posted : 10/05/2004 9:30 pm

Ive had some of my red marks for yrs

MemberMember
(@mattob)

Posted : 10/13/2004 6:33 pm

some people swear by the "tape method", if you check out scars and hyperpigmentation board u'll find a lot more on this.

Time time time

(heals all wounds)

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 01/27/2013 8:50 am

I've got the same problem. My derm says the best thing to heal these scars is time. However if you want to speed up the healing process try this cream called Skinoren. I've been using it for 2 weeks now, and although I've had no improvement yet, just look at the product reviews for it on this website.

Might be worth a try as it rarely gives any side effect rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 01/28/2013 10:25 am

You might want to try rosehip seed oil. I've heard it's very good for marks. You would want to patch test it on your skin for a reaction first, but it seems to work well with people who are acne prone. I haven't not tried it myself yet but hear great things about it's moisturizing and healing effects. Shea butter is also a healing product. It should not break you out either.