Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
princessdaphne

Really Weird Oil Situation? Help Please!

After washing my face, my face (esp. forehead) will be shiny, but not oily, just shiny--really shiny, like mirror-like, and feels sort of tight. Which leads me to believe I use to much face wash or something, so I tried using less product (didn't work) and this morning I tried washing my face with ONLY water, and when dry, my forehead was still like a mirror and felt sort of tight! Moisturizer doesn't seem to help; it takes away the tightness but not the shine. My skin, however, is not dry--it actually gets very oily throughout the day maybe about 2 hours after washing my face it begins to get actually oily, not just shiny (again, this is my forehead especially). Any thoughts?? It's really been bugging me lately! Please help!

What cleanser are you using when washing your face? The shiny-but-not-oily effect I can personally confirm to the use of regular bar soap, and certain el-cheapo cleaners that are too harsh, which is why I don't use those. I eliminated it using an average & not outrageous or expensive-sounding product - Neutrogena Foaming Cleanser.

You can also get that shiny-but-not-oily effect even when using good cleansers - either by over-rubbing your skin, or through the use of alcohol-based cleaners (to remove makeup or something). That comes from personal experience too.... except the part for makeup as I'm a manly male.

What cleanser are you using when washing your face? The shiny-but-not-oily effect I can personally confirm to the use of regular bar soap, and certain el-cheapo cleaners that are too harsh, which is why I don't use those. I eliminated it using an average & not outrageous or expensive-sounding product - Neutrogena Foaming Cleanser.

You can also get that shiny-but-not-oily effect even when using good cleansers - either by over-rubbing your skin, or through the use of alcohol-based cleaners (to remove makeup or something). That comes from personal experience too.... except the part for makeup as I'm a manly male.

In the morning, I use Aveeno Gentle Foaming Face Wash, and at night, Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash. I don't use anything alcohol based, but I may be over-rubbing my skin and will try not to :) Thanks for the help! Any more ideas, anyone?