Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay so i was chatting with my friend the other day who suffers from acne also & he advised me to try putting dabs of toothpaste on my pimples to help reduces the redness and help the inflamation reduce. So i thought id ask you guys for some advised before id do this and was wondering if it really works.

It can dry them out a bit but it's no cure. Also, if you ARE going to try it, only put it on the spots themselves and leave it overnight. I made the mistake once of covering my whole face with macleans and it caused me burns similar to sunburn and my face peeled for days after... not nice.

I use it to dry out nodular acne whiteheads only as it really dries them out (better than BP or anything else I've tried).

I wouldn't do it too often though...

Id say stay away, I did it and the toothpaste dried and when I was getting if off my skin, it ripped away the zit and caused a huge mess

Okay so i was chatting with my friend the other day who suffers from acne also & he advised me to try putting dabs of toothpaste on my pimples to help reduces the redness and help the inflamation reduce. So i thought id ask you guys for some advised before id do this and was wondering if it really works.

My brother sometimes does this and I guess it works , I've never tried it myself and he has less acne than me so he applies it on his occasional bumps , but I would suggest "queen Helene mint julep mask" a green tube and it's awesome for a spot treatment :) I would use it at night before and it would reduce them a lot , helps redness also . My brother grabbed it from me and used it all up since he liked it a lot , also a sulfur mask from acnefree works well but I prefer mint julep ;)

It only failed me a few times. I use it when I have terrible, huge pimples. It dries it out quickly but it can be a little dangerous I suppose. I would put on a minty (feels like it's working!) paste before bed and the pimple would be 3x less the size in the morning.