Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DukeBlueDevils

I Give Up On Accutane; 11 Days And Nothing

I've been on Accutane (40 mg) for 11 days now...and nothing. If anything, my acne has gotten worse. PIH on my right cheek is now spreading and am still getting pimples on my forehead, nose, chin, pretty much everywhere on my face like usual. Accutane worked for my Dad...but of course, since God hates me, he's going to NOT make it work for me. FML. My acne is never going to go away. I hate my life.

It can take up to 4 months of Accutane for your acne to go into complete remission. It's a rough few months (6 months is the median length among users), and, in addition to the other unpleasant side effects of isotretinoin, things will probably get worse before they get better.

Ultimately, it's your choice, but, personally, I think it'll be better in the long run if you just stick this one out (what's 6 months for a lifetime of clear skin?).

Good luck. smile.png

Edited by nomit

You'd be stupid to give up after 11 days. Who told you that you'd see ANY change in such a short time? The acne worsening is called an initial breakout.. extremely common. A course is usually 6 months.... go figure, 11 days is a tiny fraction of that time. Most people clear within the first few months.

am i actually reading this

Yeah, you even replied, can you imagine? Not that it contributed anything, but still...

11 days is just the very beginning of the journey. Quitters never win and winners never quit. Don't give up! If everyone was clear after just 11 days the whole world would take accutane for their bad skin. I am on day 9 (I think?) today and my skin is starting to go through the purging period. 3 big cysts overnight but I know this is the storm before the calm! So it gives me hope. Stay strong!

Yeah, you even replied, can you imagine? Not that it contributed anything, but still...

no kidding?

OP takes the time to write up paragraphs about how god hates him and he hates his life because of acne (moderate acne for less than two years... lol) but he couldnt even take the time to read a little bit about the extremely powerful drug that hes putting into his body, and how long it takes to work.

brb taking low dose accutane for less than two weeks and expecting acne to be permanently cured

Edited by Derek.

no kidding?

OP takes the time to write up paragraphs about how god hates him and he hates his life because of acne (moderate acne for less than two years... lol) but he couldnt even take the time to read a little bit about the extremely powerful drug that hes putting into his body, and how long it takes to work.

brb taking low dose accutane for less than two weeks and expecting acne to be permanently cured

Yeah, and that's reason enough to post a useless reply, right? The least you could have done, is post a link to the accutane leaflet, or another thread. Or put as much time in that post as you did in your reply to mine. If everyone knew everything, these forums wouldn't even exist.

It may have occurred to you that the OP feels bad, and that's the reason he wanted to vent. I bet he can do without replies like yours. This is a support forum, if you don't want to support someone, then just don't bother replying. Also, I don't see the fun in having to deal with moderate acne for a day, let alone 2 years. Isn't that long enough for someone to be taken seriously, in your opinion?

In short: if the criterion for posting is, that the answer to your question can't be found elsewhere, 99% of all threads wouldn't be here. I do agree though (but that applies to a lot of members) that a little bit of searching won't hurt. In this case however, it's more about venting and asking for support. That's what we're here for (or that's how it should be, in general).

no kidding?

For some, accutane starts to take affect the very first day. For some, it takes until day 11, and for some it takes until month two.

This is a forum for people struggling with acne, let him vent, let him pose his questions and they will be answered. There is no problem with the OP venting a little and expressing their concerns over a very powerful medicine.

no kidding?

"Write up paragraphs"? I wrote a whopping 6 sentences. Wow. That is totally multiple paragraphs, right? "Moderate acne for less than two years"? Um, try 3 years, smart one. I've had it since I was 16. Why don't you read below my name and actually, you know, READ before you make stupid statements. And I've done countless amounts of research on Accutane. My Dad went on Accutane and it worked wonders for him (completely cleared him). He told me about his experiences with it and said he would highly recommend it to anyone, especially me (his son). Stop acting like you know me personally WHEN YOU DO NOT. I wrote that when I was down and also, I'm the type of person who expects things to change quickly. I know Accutane takes 16 - 20 weeks (4 - 5 months) to completely reap the entire benefits of it. Thank you very much. Be sure to have a nice day, now.

no kidding?

Yeah, and that's reason enough to post a useless reply, right? The least you could have done, is post a link to the accutane leaflet, or another thread. Or put as much time in that post as you did in your reply to mine. If everyone knew everything, these forums wouldn't even exist.

It may have occurred to you that the OP feels bad, and that's the reason he wanted to vent. I bet he can do without replies like yours. This is a support forum, if you don't want to support someone, then just don't bother replying. Also, I don't see the fun in having to deal with moderate acne for a day, let alone 2 years. Isn't that long enough for someone to be taken seriously, in your opinion?

In short: if the criterion for posting is, that the answer to your question can't be found elsewhere, 99% of all threads wouldn't be here. I do agree though (but that applies to a lot of members) that a little bit of searching won't hurt. In this case however, it's more about venting and asking for support. That's what we're here for (or that's how it should be, in general).

Thank you for understanding my situation. That other guy is clueless and really ignorant.

You do realize part of the way Accutane works is by purging sebaceous glands in the skin, which manifests itself in a very noticeable breakout usually? Were you expecting your skin to be clear a day after using it even though you've been abusing your body for YEARS?

But by all means, quit the Accutane. In my opinion, it's not doing you any favors. Not to mention, Accutane itself is harsh on the body. You're better off with a topical retinoid which will give you similar results minus the whole possibly-killing-yourself-and-organ-slash-joint-damage stuff.

...... No wonder you have acne if you give up on treatments less than two weeks into it...

acne isn't just something on top of your skin, it comes from within your body...you cant expect something deep rooted in your body can be cured so quickly?

Lol, 'god hates u'

accutane can take 4 months to see improvment. calm yo shit son

Hey Kody

I hope you've decided to stick with it. I'm currently in week 9 & I started seeing good results about 2 weeks ago. I have moderate cystic acne & have tried everything on the market here in the UK.

I have all the usual side effects but hey! No active spots for the last 2 weeks

I didnt start seeing serious results from my Accutane until about month 4. My skin and lips were dry as all hell but i was still breaking out. Month 4 was the game changer for me. Stick with it, it WILL pay off.

Wow, That would be an extremely bad decision to quit after 11 days.

I started Accutane on December 4th, and its now January 8th. I've had several bad breakouts since , But you have to tell yourself that everything will be alright. I'm 16 and have went through acne for almost 5 years now, Please don't give up , It will slowly but surely get better and there will be up's and down's in this treatment , It's not all a clear path.

I'm going onto month 2 and i've seen some results as of now , redness of acne has been reduced dramatically and bumps lessening , I still have breakouts here and there , and pimples are still on my face. Active ones. However, It seems as if your white heads will decrease faster .

PLEASE , Don't give up on this . Your skin will be clear , Just push through it.

im on day 25 and im clear, but considering this is my 4th round of accutane in my life, i think it is just working remarkably quickly for me. everyone is different. what is the alternative though? You quit and you know you wont be clear....

Stick it out Kody! Accutane takes time, I'm on month 2 and I still am not 100% clear, but I'm improving! Just trust your doctor and your dad!

Stop complaining and just stick it out, No one gets clear within the first 2 weeks it took me 3 months to see positive results. During the first 2 my acne was worse then ever before and then it disapeered.