Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JJ1

Drinking And Smoking On Accutane

do yall notice that it is a lot easier to blackout when drinking while on accutane? or am i imagining this. also, does smoking marijuana have any type of negative effects while on accutane? final question: is taking adderall or vyvanse bad while on accutane? TIA

do yall notice that it is a lot easier to blackout when drinking while on accutane? or am i imagining this. also, does smoking marijuana have any type of negative effects while on accutane? final question: is taking adderall or vyvanse bad while on accutane? TIA

Many people find they're a lot less susceptible to alcohol's depressing effects while on Accutane; you're definitely not alone. To be honest, though, for the sake of your liver (especially while on Accutane), you shouldn't be drinking to the point of blacking out, anyways.

Marijuana is fine on Accutane - nothing that they don't teach you in elementary school (that is, "you'll fry your brain").

If you're taking Adderall and Vyvanse for treatment of ADHD (or a similar attention deficit disorder) under the supervision of a licensed practitioner, have a word with them about any possible interactions. From the little I know about pscyhostimulants, I can't imagine any reason for the two to arouse any reactions (that said, isotretinoin is a systemic medication, so anything can happen, really). I'm not a doctor; be sure to ask your GP about these before starting treatment (i.e. call or e-mail them).

Edited by nomit

Many people find they're a lot less susceptible to alcohol's depressing effects while on Accutane; you're definitely not alone. To be honest, though, for the sake of your liver (especially while on Accutane), you shouldn't be drinking to the point of blacking out, anyways.

Marijuana is fine on Accutane - nothing that they don't teach you in elementary school (that is, "you'll fry your brain").

If you're taking Adderall and Vyvanse for treatment of ADHD (or a similar attention deficit disorder) under the supervision of a licensed practitioner, have a word with them about any possible interactions. From the little I know about pscyhostimulants, I can't imagine any reason for the two to arouse any reactions (that said, isotretinoin is a systemic medication, so anything can happen, really). I'm not a doctor; be sure to ask your GP about these before starting treatment (i.e. call or e-mail them).

thanks for the info

I can imagine some depression-related side effects that may be more likely to arise if you combine Adderall AND Accutane. Theoretically it's possible that combining these 2 things might put you at a higher risk of depression-related side effects than either drug alone. I would really speak to your psychiatrist about this because both drugs are known to be iffy when it comes to depression as a side effect.

I take 20mg adderall and 40mg accutane/day. I told both my doctor and my derm, and both said they wouldn't interact chemically. As for how it makes you feel - that's another story. Definitely let them know. I tend to think anytime you overload the body with a few relatively powerful drugs, your bound to feel some effects with mood. Good luck.

Honestly, I drank while on accutane and I survived. However, I was younger and a lot stupider back then and I wouldn't do it today. Be kind to your liver, and your body.

Weed? I used it to deal with my horrid accutane insomnia (if you search, you may find some of my delirious, depressed 5am messages on this board). Accutane supposedly affects your brain so maybe dont go too crazy with other mind-altering drugs.

Edited by datsnotmyname

I wouldn't recommend drinking alcohol while on accutane because it dilutes the effect and it's very bad for your liver. Smoking weed is good, it's harmless and you probably could use the mood enhancement.

I've also noticed that accutane causes insomnia although I've found melatonin helpful.

Bit surprised you are drinking excessively. I cut out alcohol completely as that was what my dermatologist told me to do, though apparently according others dermatologists, drinking a few units is fine. But to be drinking to the point of blacking out...come on give your liver a fighting chance.

Weed on the other hand, is fine. I have vaporized quite a few times without any noticeable effects (other than eating half the contents of my fridge and laughing at my shoes).