Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheMaleRN

Acne New Year's Resolution

Hey everyone! Your resident male RN here.

New Year's coming up so have you listed your New Year's ACNE RESOLUTION???

I'd like to hear it from you... Please post a comment below.

HAPPY LISTING!!!

I need to stop sleeping in extra hours.

8 hours is suffice, any more and i am just wasting time that i need for studying. >.<

Merry Christmas!! (Its still the 25th in Canada).

1. Be consistent and gentle with my face. No scrubs. No sitting in front of a magnifying mirror with tweezers picking off flakes. No scratching.

2. Spend less time thinking about it. Staring at a pot won't make water boil faster.

3. Speaking of water, drink more of it and less coffee.

4. Sleep every once in a while (maybe laying off the caffeine will help that).

Edited by Lola Burns

Mine is to simply care less about my acne.

I have had large patches this year where I really was down in the dumps about my acne and it led me to some pretty dark places, now I'm doing fine, but the thing that struck me is that I still have acne just as bad as I did then, yet I am much happier now. Everything is still the same, I still get new pimples every single day, I still have to find time to do the regimen every single day and I am still conscious about it when I talk to people.

The thing that has changed, is that I have stopped worrying/caring about it so much and it has made the world of difference. My own thoughts and perceptions of what others think are my own worst enemy, honestly, people care less than we think they do.

Sure I have acne and yes its a pain to deal with but my stance now is 'could be worse' and it helps me maintain a positive attitude which affects all aspects of my life.

My goal now is maintain that attitude throughout 2012 to make sure I don't have a bad year like 2011, and to push on with my life biggrin.png

I think I'm rambling.. what I'm basically trying to say is whatever your goals are, don't let acne dictate your happiness.

Merry christmas and have a happy new year smile.png

Spend less time in front of the mirror.

Be kinder to my skin.

Be kinder to myself, for that matter.

Learn to accept the things I can't change.

Learn to appreciate what I have changed.

Stop picking as much as possible.

Stop letting my skin dictate my emotions.

Stop letting my skin dictate my feelings.

Move on and start to create a life for myself. 

You mean promises that will be broken by January?

hey don't be so pessimistic... everyone's trying their best. So the best thing that we do is to encourage everyone. hifive.gifcomfort.gif

Thanks everyone for sharing your resolutions! Keep em coming! eusa_dance.gif

Primary goals:

- Not Pick

- Keep using more natural products (honey, oregano oil, baking soda, ACV)

- Try to put less makeup on my skin (esp cheeks, try to prevent bumpyness)

Other goals/would be fun to:

- Clean up my diet even further. Go wheat free and keep increasing the greens

1.drink lots of tea and water /take vitamins/ eat healthy/exercise ....

2.follow the regimen until I see results

3.dont be too hard on myself b/c of acne, and don't give a crap what people think

4.be happier and confident in my skin

5.be gentle and dont pick/touch my skin

I vow to stop over-treating my face. I'm actually pretty sure I heal best when I leave my skin alone, but it's so hard to genuinely make myself believe that because I want to think I can control the process :(

They don't be so pessimistic... everyone's trying their best. So the best thing that we do is to encourage everyone. hifive.gifcomfort.gif

Thanks everyone for sharing your resolutions! Keep em coming! eusa_dance.gif

You know how resolutions go...

1. Get enough sleep. (3-5 hours it's not enough. I'm gonna stop reading and painting at nights.)

2. Cut down on caffeine. (If I'm going to sleep like a normal human being, I won't have these caffeine cravings).

3. Follow the regimen strictly.

4. Don't use harsh exfoliants. (It makes my skin sooo soft for a couple of hours, but after I ALWAYS get a breakout.)

I think that should be enough. Good luck to everybody. :>

1. Get enough sleep. (3-5 hours it's not enough. I'm gonna stop reading and painting at nights.)

2. Cut down on caffeine. (If I'm going to sleep like a normal human being, I won't have these caffeine cravings).

3. Follow the regimen strictly.

4. Don't use harsh exfoliants. (It makes my skin sooo soft for a couple of hours, but after I ALWAYS get a breakout.)

I think that should be enough. Good luck to everybody. :>

Are we related?

Are we related?

I read your list. Haha, it could be! :D Good luck with cutting down caffeine (if you're a total caffeine junkie like me, that must be hard). :\

Keeping up the good skin habits I've had the past month or so. I've finally found a regimen that seems to work for whatever my skin type is, I'm still working out the fine details, but it revolves around b3 gel/metazene, sulfur (msm and colloidal), clay, hyaluronic acid serum, and Nelson's spot treatment (TTO, sulfur, flower extracts, super cheap and works pretty well!). I've gotten past my chronic picking phase, but I still probe my forehead occasionally, knowing that I have a fringe to cover it. The b3 gel has taken care of the majority of my blackheads/clogged pores that bothered me, as well as improving overall skin tone, so I'll wait for that to work more. Even though I wasn't getting major inflammatory acne prior to switching to these products, I was causing the last bit I had by picking every now and then. Skin, though resilient, is sensitive! Everything else lifestyle/diet related benefits a bunch of other non skin specific things, so I'll leave those out.

Guest pokemonster

Yeah that picking. Picking damages skin. Nobody should pick, it is deffinately possible to stop, but I understand it may not be easy task to do, and for some it may be even more complicated than that and then various methods should be applied to rid one self of this. To realise this I only had to read bunch ..few ebooks, watch couple tens of educational youtube videos and meditate myself into sleep everyday to get additional awareness of this important information. Fact that I put time into express myself acurately and articulately, adressing this particular issue with touch of a polite manner should be noted too, as well as somehow makes previously said more veritable and considerable that way. smile.png

Are we related?

I read your list. Haha, it could be! :D Good luck with cutting down caffeine (if you're a total caffeine junkie like me, that must be hard). :\

Matcha green tea helps a lot.

1. To stay positive even during the tough times

2. NO picking allowed

3. Eating dairy free! (I find this causes me to break out but I sometimes eat milk chocolate anyway...... >:) )

4. Wear less makeup ( I need to learn to be more comfortable in my own skin )

5. Stop complaining about my skin

6. Drink heaps of water

7. To do more exercise to ensure a good circulation for skin

I really hope I follow these..... hahahaha ;)

Well my cheeks are clear 99% of the time. My forehead is very mild...only tiny whiteheads, same with my mouth/chin area. So my New Years resolution is to sort out these areas.