Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DanTheMan123

Best Time Of Day For Accutane?

I know you're supposed to take it with food, but I had two questions regarding the specifics of this. First, is there a better time of day to take it, such as breakfast, dinner, or right before bed? Also, is it better to take it with a huge meal (like dinner) or with just a small snack?

I know you're supposed to take it with food, but I had two questions regarding the specifics of this. First, is there a better time of day to take it, such as breakfast, dinner, or right before bed? Also, is it better to take it with a huge meal (like dinner) or with just a small snack?

Time of day really doesn't matter much as accutane has a pretty long halflife(the amount it time it takes for your body to breakdown half the medication). If you are only taking it once a day, it is probably a good idea to try and be semi consistent with when you take it(always in the afternoon for example). Its also a fat soluble drug, so you it would be better to have it with a more sizable meal that contains some fat than with a small (healthy?) snack.

In short, taking it every day with dinner would be a pretty sound bet.

It really just depends on your lifestyle. It took me a while to figure out the best time to take my pills. I don't think it's as important to take it at at specific time as it is to take it with food. As the previous person posted, it's fat soluble. It gets in your system better with a meal. When I was taking 1 pill a day, I took it with dinner since it was the largest of my meals for the day, but it kinda sucked when I went out to eat because who wants to carry around their pills when they're going out to eat with friends?